Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

ps. foxy...is your refurb finished.....I am also a victim of Connaught!!!! Tilers are in as I type. :frown:

:rolleyes: I still have the bathroom problem and the handles on my cupboards are all different heights. Hence no blogging...

The craving does eventually go away, but it takes a looooonnng time. :hihi: I used to have the odd ciggie now and again, mostly when I was out. I decided to quit in the mid eighties, when the smoking ban took effect here in California. For at least five years after that, I still had cravings (weak ones) and sometimes even dreamed I was smoking!

I would encourage people to quit, and for those who have quit to stick with it. Not smoking is so much better for your health and think of the money you'll save! Those of you who still smoke, you have NO idea how hard it's going to be to light up in public.

I didn't know you were a cancer survivor, buck. Good for you!

:) Sierra

In some ways the cancer was the best thing to stop me smoking. All of a sudden it was deadly serious. I looked at my new grand children and my fantastic wife, and the hell of radiation treatment I went through and decided once and for all that's it. Now when I fly to Ireland with the prospect of over six hours without one, and the desperation on the faces of others, I feel just a little bit superior.

I stopped a couple of weeks ago. Im using it as the perfect excuse to get fit again.

I just hope I dont turn into one of those hideous ex smokers who think that ALL smokers should be shot!

Don't ever behave that way. I'm not a non smoker I'm a smoker who quit, but a smoker all the same. I think like a smoker and I know how tough it is. You may fail, but keep on trying. I used to say I know how to stop I've done it lots of times. Eventually you will if you really want to, I don't think trying to get fit will do it on its own, looking at how much they cost might help. My new car is a bit better for my lungs.

Im on the champix pills so jacking cigs in is almost too easy. Im already well past wanting a cig, and I look in amazement at people who actually want to smoke. Even if the champix pills stopped today I dont think id go back to smoking.

I know a few ex smokers who behave as if smokers are lepers, and I dont want to turn into them. If people want to smoke then thats their choice, thats the attitude Im hoping to keep.

Well done for kicking the habit, Jabberwocky. All the best for keeping up the good work.

(And of course the same to all the other forummers who are trying to quit, too. quitting was one of the best decisions I made, IMO)

This morning I was watching The Wright Stuff on channel five and was horrified to see that one of their topics was the new smoking ban. Not the pub ban but the ban in Portsmouth on adopting children.

I can't find a link to the story as they changed the line up of topics so it's not on the website but it's repeated at 11:00 on five life if you want to have a look.

I think that the anti smoking campaigners are now putting their own adgenda above the welfare of children, would it be better to be in a loving home where there was a smoker or in a care home where there are several all under the age of 16?

Does it demonize smokers, not all of them smoke indoors or around their kids, so why can't they adopt?

What would be better having a secure home or being pushed around the care system untill you become institutionalised and have no concept of trust, family or love?

I wasn't 100% accurate it's children under five that have to suffer during their bonding years, thats when they get to be pushed from pillar to post instead of secure and stable:rant:

Archived