Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Definately.

Its been past sanity for well over 2 years now. These people who react as if smokers are terrorists are stark staring mad! Theyve got things completely out of perspective.

It is a fact that all suicide bombers smoke.

it's absolutely ridiculous - i understand that there has to be a screening process to find suitable parents, but there are people who will only smoke outside and away from their kids, what about other people like nan &Grandad - do they smoke?

Why should we stop there? What about the natural parents who smoke/drink allthrough pregnancy and change babas nappies with a fag hanging out the side of their gob? Should we take their kids away from them til they are 5?

I've just realised that when the smoking ban comes into force on July the 1st I will be on holiday in Greece and I'm going to miss all the fun. All the wailing and gnashing of teeth from the smokers :rant: and all the giggles and moral high ground climbing of the non smokers:hihi: . Should I rearrange my holiday? July the 1st promises to be so much fun for people watchers it will be a shame to miss it. Where will you go to watch the best pantomime in Sheffield this year?

it's absolutely ridiculous - i understand that there has to be a screening process to find suitable parents, but there are people who will only smoke outside and away from their kids, what about other people like nan &Grandad - do they smoke?

Why should we stop there? What about the natural parents who smoke/drink allthrough pregnancy and change babas nappies with a fag hanging out the side of their gob? Should we take their kids away from them til they are 5?

No we give them a bigger council house and extra benifits. How can they justify taking away the right to have a loving family from the child or the adult?

What happens if you stop smoking adopt a child and then start again? will they come and take the child away?

That's nothing, I was holiday when Diana was killed and had the disappointment of missing the wailing and gnashing of teeth over all that. Even missed the funeral. I don't think you should rearrange your holiday, you should cancel it and stay here where the air will be clean and healthy unlike smoke filled, mucky Greece.

That's nothing, I was holiday when Diana was killed and had the disappointment of missing the wailing and gnashing of teeth over all that. Even missed the funeral. I don't think you should rearrange your holiday, you should cancel it and stay here where the air will be clean and healthy unlike smoke filled, mucky Greece.

I was on holiday in Wales when Diana was killed, the silly woman cooking breakfast, in the B&B, was wailing and carrying on so much we had to wait ages for our food.

Archived