Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

I plan to start smoking in protest on july the 1st (anyone recomend a good smoke?) I can't wait for the 'smoke-easy's; illicit smoking joints that will spring up!! And I can't wait for all the non-smokers to beef on about how all the smokers have all the nice outdoor seats especially in summer!

Destroy the nanny state !! Viva La tobacco!

Source BBC: Britain's oldest brewer has revealed it has spent millions on its pub gardens in preparation for the smoking ban.

Shepherd Neame, which is based in Faversham in Kent, has spent over £3m developing 200 of its gardens to cater for customers who smoke.

Of the 380 pubs owned by the brewer, 90 per cent have outside spaces which have been enhanced with umbrellas, pergolas, canopies, lights and heaters.

Smoking is to be banned in all public places in England from 1 July.

Chief executive Jonathan Neame said: "Over the past 12 months we have embarked on a significant investment programme in outdoor spaces to offer our customers pleasant, comfortable external facilities.

"Our covered areas, called 'smoke-easys', are intended for smokers and non-smokers alike."

:cool:

if i were adopted i would rather be adopted by a smoker than a couple of homosexuals.

the world is a queer place at the minute.

it would make more sense to ban adoption in cities if they are going on he basis of air quality.

I plan to start smoking in protest on july the 1st (anyone recomend a good smoke?) I can't wait for the 'smoke-easy's; illicit smoking joints that will spring up!! And I can't wait for all the non-smokers to beef on about how all the smokers have all the nice outdoor seats especially in summer!

Destroy the nanny state !! Viva La tobacco!

:cool:

Beautiful beer gardens for the childless smokers to enjoy, I wonder if the next step will be to ban children from beer gardens so they can't be influenced and poisoned by the evil smoking scum that are indigenous to them.

arent adopted children more likely to smoke anyway?

if they are one of the ones that smoke, surely they are better suited to parents whom smoke.

actually if they stay in the care system rather than going to a responsible home then they are more likely to smoke so all that' will be achieved is depriving people of a family unit.

if i were adopted i would rather be adopted by a smoker than a couple of homosexuals.

the world is a queer place at the minute.

it would make more sense to ban adoption in cities if they are going on he basis of air quality.

Yes, cos we all know that being gay harms other people's health. I know which I would prefer...

if your gay your more likely to have STD's so i guess your right.

What's that got to do with smoking.

Anyway, as long as people smoke away from the kids there shouldn't be a problem. I am a non smoker but most of my friends/family smoke and are happy to go outside.

It does sound like lunacy.

Archived