Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

Blimey this threads moved on since I last looked at it, it's gone from utter to complete nonsense in a few hours.

They've merged two unrelated subjects thats why, I started one this morning about banning smokers from adopting kids in portsmouth and it's ended up on here.

They've merged two unrelated subjects thats why, I started one this morning about banning smokers from adopting kids in portsmouth and it's ended up on here.

Ah that explains it. I read it [portsmouth one] earlier, and have just been scrolling last few pages of this, as I didn't remember contributing anything in to it:suspect:

Blimey this threads moved on since I last looked at it, it's gone from utter to complete nonsense in a few hours.

Thats what happens when two completly different threads get merged :rolleyes: Any chance of it being unmerged?

I posted on one about someone going on holiday when smoking ban comes in force. Nice to meet you anyway.

one thing that annoys me, most smokers say "this is removing our rights, our choice"

well, its not, you can still have a ciggie, just outside..

we could argue that fact that if you smoke, you are removing our rights not to inhale your smoke, and smell the smell etc... it works both ways :)

The flip side is that it's your rights, your choice to visit somewhere where smoking is allowed though....

If the aim of non-smoking public places had been approached in a more sensible fashion, everyone could still be happy.

The flip side is that it's your rights, your choice to visit somewhere where smoking is allowed though....

If the aim of non-smoking public places had been approached in a more sensible fashion, everyone could still be happy.

I find it quite hard to find places that don't allow smoking at all, which severely limits where I go out to, as I can't stand the smoke! I'm looking forward to increasing my social life :D

How many places did you suggest to that they went totally non-smoking?

That's the nub of the problem, customers didn't speak up and use market forces to get a decent solution to the issue. It would have been nice if non-smokers had the gumption to speak up and make venues realise they would do good business if they went non-smoking. Would have left the other venues to cater for those who wish to smoke. Instead, we've got a heavy-handed law coming in.

Archived