Smoking ban for public places - Opinions

Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?  

266 members have voted

1. 1. Are you looking forward to the smoking ban?

• Yes, I will welcome it
    • No, I am dreading it
    • Don't know/care

ok..i'm lost..do public places include like streets and woods n stuff?...coz i have heard loads of different ideas on what is going to be classed as a "public place" for this...

i agree tom3to....silly ban lol!!

i have just got back from the nederlands, and it was very nice.

there was no silly ban in holland, you could smoke and drink (from 16 - although their papers seem to mention an alcohol problem with the yoof also)

at 18 you can enter koffeeshops,

(koffeshop = normally an alcohol free bar where you play cards, chess etc. relax. smoke, drink coffee/tea/red bull/fruit juice, alcohol is seldom sold)

i would like to open a koffeshop over here, i will look into this :mrgreen:

i like their "bike parks" too, they had better trains aswell, hell they even have better weather.

regards public places, basically smoke where the police or the rauchenzei are not, just smoke it like people do cannabis, just dont be too open otherwise £50 tickets for the blue bin will be issued. you put the £50 ticket in the bin and they will incinerate it in the centre of sheffield in the name of improving our quality of air.

IMO if everyone had a spliff and rode a bike to work the air would be much better than if all the non smokers drove.

Well, I've just enjoyed my last night smoking in a pub.

I'm working up until the ban starts, so was my last chance tonight in my local. And out of the 14 of us in the pub, there was one person looking forward to the ban.

Enjoy the pubs non smokers!

Well, I've just enjoyed my last night smoking in a pub.

I'm working up until the ban starts, so was my last chance tonight in my local. And out of the 14 of us in the pub, there was one person looking forward to the ban.

Enjoy the pubs non smokers!

I'm more worried about not having a cig at football matches. I'm used to going outside if I want a cig late at night, but the Lane is the only place where I have a smoke during the day.

That said, it does me no good, and nobody else can be harmed, so it can't be a bad thing.

I'm more worried about not having a cig at football matches. I'm used to going outside if I want a cig late at night, but the Lane is the only place where I have a smoke during the day.

That said, it does me no good, and nobody else can be harmed, so it can't be a bad thing.

You can't even smoke in the outdoor concourse area from next season. F**k that. No season ticket for me, until sense comes into action.

I was quite happy to not smoke inside the stands, as I'm happy to not smoke in restaurants etc. But no, that's not enough. The whole stadium! The police are quite happy to give the blind eye to the weed smoking at the moment, but having a legal ciggy, I'll get carted out for it (£50 fine at least).

Sad world of sillyness. I've had it me. Compromising no longer seems worthy of s**t.

For God's sake, can you not do without a fag for a couple of hours?

the fact of the matter is some of us would rather go out socially and smoke rather than drink.

come 12 days the amount of venues is likely to decrease quite a bit, unless of course you have plenty of fifties to give to the rachenzei so you can do as you please

ive never heard, apart from roy castle, of anyone getting cancer from passive smoking. does anyone else have an example?

No one ever proved that even Roy Castle died because of passive smoking.

This was just assumed because he was a non-smoker who had spent his working life in Clubs etc.

The non smoking lobby always jumps on theories and pronounces them as proven fact when there are as many experts deny the dangers of passive smoking as those that believe it - just depends on your viewpoint which ones you take notice of.

If second hand smoke for a couple of hours, is so dangerous, then smokers like myself, who experience first hand smoke for more than 12 hours every day should have have been dead within a month of starting the habit.

Funny how it's not regarded as dangerous enough to ban it in Westminster & the Royal Palaces.

petitions.pm.gov.uk/smokebanclubs/

We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to Create a

Smoking Area within Nightclubs Instead of an Outright Ban

No way. Stay home if you don't like it. Clubs will be much better without all that horrible smoke.

Archived