Visit from Customer Compliance at JobCentre?

Hey guys,

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light- got a letter saying a Customer Compliance Officer is coming one day- something about change in circumstances may have not been reported but I have had no change in circ's other than something to do with CSA but they are linked to Job Centre anyway and they said the amount I get would be reduced by JC accordingly (it hasn't yet- been a couple of weeks since CSA made decision and amounts etc.)?? ANy ideas?

Not working although have had interviews and am trying but obv. that's nowt to do with it?

Please can anyone help I am worried but can't contact them til monday!

ta:(

I've not had dealings with this particular arm of the State for over 25 years, but the job title has got to be a joke. 'Customer Compliance Officer'. Indicates that you have a choice....

Perhaps if these folks focussed more on doing the job and less on daft job-titles, there might be less ****-ups. :)

Best of luck.

I've not had dealings with this particular arm of the State for over 25 years, but the job title has got to be a joke. 'Customer Compliance Officer'. Indicates that you have a choice....

Perhaps if these folks focussed more on doing the job and less on daft job-titles, there might be less ****-ups. :)

Best of luck.

This team's name was created to get rid of the 'fraud' stigma, rather like the way that 'verification' was used in council circles a few years ago (still is?). It probably is to do with the CSA/its successor, as it is still your responsibility to report any change in circumstances. The CSA and Jobcentre Plus networks aren't linked at all, though people do talk to each other.

Sometimes.

My hunch is that Compliance will simply want to verify dates and amounts. I shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

dont worry hun iv had them phoned on mee too.

The bloke came out and interviewed me and made me sign a statement in my living room.Apparently someone had told income support i was claiming and that my ex was staying at mine.

Whwn the bloke came my dad had come up from kent to stay and was sat in my living room.And he thought my dad was my ex.And then they had their people watching my home.Daft thing was we could see them cos they where parked at top of cul de sac.And when we went out one morning dad dragged me over to this parked car and knocked on window.when they unwound it i could see cameras in the car.Dad turned to the blokes and stood popsing and asked them if they wanted a family pic.They left and never came back ha ha.

charlie

This team's name was created to get rid of the 'fraud' stigma, rather like the way that 'verification' was used in council circles a few years ago (still is?). It probably is to do with the CSA/its successor, as it is still your responsibility to report any change in circumstances. The CSA and Jobcentre Plus networks aren't linked at all, though people do talk to each other.

Sometimes.

My hunch is that Compliance will simply want to verify dates and amounts. I shouldn't lose any sleep over it.

You see, I like to call a spade a spade, not a manually propelled dirt shifting implement.

It's the 'Customer' part that annoyed me most. Client Compliance, Recipient Compliance, Applicant Compliance....all more suitable, IMO.

Anyway - sorry, wandering OT. :)

You see, I like to call a spade a spade, not a manually propelled dirt shifting implement.

It's the 'Customer' part that annoyed me most. Client Compliance, Recipient Compliance, Applicant Compliance....all more suitable, IMO.

Anyway - sorry, wandering OT. :)

There are no claimants (haven't been since 1997), or clients (1997-2002), just customers ..........

To be honest, I agree with you.

• 3 years later...

I was visited by two officers not so long ago by the customer compliance officers at home. Basically it can mean many things, it is not only that someone has dobbed you in. If someone had done that they probably would have called you in their office and the interview would have taken place under caution and recorded. In my case however, it was simply to check all my identifications and talk about the recent separation and if things have changed or might change and sometimes they may ask you the history of your relationship etc. They wrote things down and got me to sign it. The down side was that they checked my passport and found that I had travelled couple of years ago abroad with me kids, that time I was also separated and as it was over the 4 week time limit, I might have to pay back the extra weeks overpayment of benefit. So bear in mind when you go travelling that they will find out you been abroad and for how long. The best thing is to be honest and if you cannot then you must be aware that checks will be made. If you are separated then you really have to be able to show proof you are separated. I am glad it is over and I will pay if I have to whatever I ow, but if this is what happens after separation and this is how they interegate you then I will stay this way and never be living with anyone.

Archived