The all things tattoo megathread

I'm trying to find out if a female tattooist that used to work in Ace Art at Rawmarsh and then in a shop at Effingham Square in Rovrum town centre is still tattooing? She was about 30, nice looking and I seem to think she was called Sue. She was excellent at portraits.

Anyone help?? :help:

Hi,

Yes Bigthanks it is Fiona at Feline that will be doing my tattoo, you obviously have good taste too :)

I wouldn't go anywhere else. Just itching to get it done now, once I find exactly what I want.

x

Good luck and keep me informed of what you decide to have. I bet your so excited. :)

i think tattooing's just an acceptable form of self harm. anyone who pays someone to draw all over their flesh must really hate their body?

Is it really that different to getting pierced ears, for example?

While I'm not personally a fan of full sleeves/backs covered in tattoos, I do have a tat that is very personal to me.

Some will get them purely because they like the look, in much the same way people get pierced ears because they like the look.

Each to their own. :)

i think tattooing's just an acceptable form of self harm. anyone who pays someone to draw all over their flesh must really hate their body?

I'm not sure I agree with this. After all, they are drawing attention TO their body by having it colourfully decorated, not trying to hide it, as they surely would if they hated how they looked?

Most people who get tattooists are well-adjusted individuals- they do not hate their bodies- they just happen to love the look of ink in skin.

Especially those who put in the time to do the considerabler amount of research necessary to get an exceptional piece (checking out the reputation of the artist, spending many hours planning what design they want, reading tattoo mags, talking to others who've got good work on them etc, etc).

Far from 'hating' thier bodies, they appreciate and respect them enough to want to accentuate them with this unique art which has been a part of human culture for as long as it has existed.

That's not to say that all tattoos are good looking and well-thought-out, of course- the cliched 'spider-web-on-side-of-neck' or pieces done by 'artists' obviously selected soley on the criteria of the cheapest rate, are possibly indicators that the recipients sense of resect for their body is not as high as it could be.

But, there is no justification in grouping all tattooed individuals into that category, especially with the improved techniques and the incredible advances that have enabled modern tattoos to be genuine works of art.

In anticipation of the inevitable 'but what will they look like when they're 70??!' :)

Answer- They'll look much the same as any other 70 year old i.e. any observers who dislike wrinkled 70 year old skin will no doubt think they look terrible, but, presumably, they'll also not be admiring of any 70 year old without ink either?

And of course, the majority of those who have the self-confidence to know what they like (tatttoos) and the will the actually get it done, don't give a toss about the opinions of those who feel the need to condemn, critisise or comment on what they've chosen to do with their own bodies.

Personally, I can't understand the attitude of those who don't get inked- if I was a intolerant busy-body, I'd be wondering what it is they hate about thier skin so much that they'd not want to decorate it, or what low self-esteem they must have to be so fearful of what others might say, that they'd lack the courage to get a tattoo, etc, etc.

But, I don't think like that, because, what an individual chooses to do (or not do) to their own body, is none of my business- I certainly wouldn't judge a persons self-esteem or bodily opinion on the grounds of their lack of tattoos.

I think blond bobs are an acceptable form of self harm. anyone who pays someone to cut their hair like that must really hate their face.