The all things tattoo megathread

Hi are there any tattoo artists on here who could help me out? Im wanting to learn tattooing and thinking about buying a kit just to start out but dont want to be paying a lot of money if i dont get into it. If anyone could give me some advice id appreciate it. please p.m as i dont always check back of the thread. thanks

I use feline all the time and find the guys friendly and welcoming and all talented artists. I think that you get what you pay for. I have just had some great work done there for £60 per hour. Good work ain't cheap and cheap work ain't good.

£60 an hour is cheap! My sleeve was £70 an hour, just gone up to £90 an hour as well.

Then again it was Teresa Gordon, and she ain't cheap!

go 2 van schaiks my brother in law greg is the ******** at tatooing trust me ps excuse my spelling.

Greg from Van Schaiks is your brother in law?!

Do you know if he has an email address? This is a bit weird i know, but I'm his son's girlfriend (his son is also named Greg, Greg Richardson, son of Vonnie?) I just thought I'd ask cos Greg (junior) wanted to get in touch with his Dad again, its been years and he didn't have a number or anything... sorry if you think I'm prying you can tell me to bugger off if you want lol, just wondered if it's the same Greg.

Edited by esme
quote tags

Free touch ups afterwards shouldn't really be a selling point, as any tattoo artist worth their salt will offer this. It's part of what you pay for, and due to swelling/ink staining it's not always apparent at the time if tiny little bits have been missed or need to be corrected.

As another compliment to Feline, I was requested to come back when the tattoo had healed so Gavin could check it over and do any necessary work, but thankfully it was all perfect.

I agree! I got 3 free touch ups on 3 seperate occasions!