The all things tattoo megathread

question

when you get a sun tan, will it stick out more?

Hmm, not too sure, I don't know which layer of skin gets the tan. If it's the top layer, then I would think it shows up less, as it'd cover the ink more, but I don't know much about the science of suntans!

It does show up more when i'm hot, or if ive been scratching the wrist, the skin goes red but not over the tattoo, so maybe a tan would work the same?

I've used the same tattooist for years an never had any problems with my white ink. He uses a different technique from other tattooists i've been to an it takes a while longer to heal also a little more 'uncomfortable going in! but he's even gone over an old tattoo in white which was red and after only 2 sittings its completely covered it n you cant see the red AT ALL!! (i'm told thats unheard of) :) He specializes in cover ups and custom an is a brilliant artist who i'm sure would be more than happy to do it for you. If u'd like his details PM me, dont like to advertise unless its requested!!!

My mate has some white on one of his tats, and it looks fine after about 5 years. I wouldn't personally go for an all white one. They don't tend to look very sharp, but maybe that's because it's white on pale skin. Has anyone ever seen a white tattoo on a black person and did it look any sharper?

question

when you get a sun tan, will it stick out more?

Good Question i want to know this too !

And has anyone any more pictures to show me designs and a better idea how they look because i'd love an all white tattoo.

Plus when i had my last tattoo i wanted more white adding to it but i was told they didn't like to use to much white or yellow because its made up with some different stuff to other colour's true or false :thumbsup:

Good Question i want to know this too !

And has anyone any more pictures to show me designs and a better idea how they look because i'd love an all white tattoo.

Plus when i had my last tattoo i wanted more white adding to it but i was told they didn't like to use to much white or yellow because its made up with some different stuff to other colour's true or false :thumbsup:

I don't know if that's true but I've seen some very vibrant colourful yellows on tattoo work. Although the people I know who have very colourful tats with yellows like to keep them covered from the sun, so maybe they fade easier.

I have a few tattoo's myself. From what I have learnt there are different quality inks. Maybe that might have something to do with it. Also a little tip, now don't laugh! My tattoo artist suggests using hemorrhoid gel on a new tattoo because it stops the scab drying out so you don't loose any colour.

:thumbsup: