The all things tattoo megathread

So..... why pay a fortune for tatoo removal ?? Get yerself on a sunbed ! Job Done !

I read somewhere that the tattooed skin absorbs more UV than normal skin too, increasing the risk of cancer.

Ok, cant take a pic of it myself, when my kids get back i'l get one of them to take one, just tried an nearly dislocated my arm!!! its not an all white tattoo, just a cover up n not the most original but it covers the embarrassing piece of rubbish i had before. LOL! where do i send the pic? is there a board here that can host it?

It was apparently quite scarred when it was first done, felt raised. I had it retouched (well totally done over really) by someone else, who was the one who told me it was scarred. Since then it's totally flat unless I'm hot or it's got irritated.

The design isn't as detailed as I'd have hoped, compared to the font it was designed in, but I don't know much about tattooing, maybe it was impossible to do all the intricate bits taking into account the colour and positioning.

I had it done around 2 years ago... 2 years and a week actually. The retouch was done in about November the same year. I do want it smartening up, definitely, so if your guy could fix it with white, that'd be perfect, cos my only other options so far are to leave it or go darker, but I love the idea of white!

I think a all white tattoo would be nice.I would like 1 tattoo.My sister has had one done it looks great.I think anymore then one looks tacky though i wouldnt want end up with 100's.Like my uncle.Charlie x

P.s. he has them where ever he can get erm.

Absolutely, i'd stick with the white too. you may get advised against it or some cool ideas of how2make it smarter if you ask his advice, he's very experienced n never turns out poor work from what i've seen. havin trouble with the whole taking of a picture thing here, i'll get it sorted tho!!! bit of a noob i'm afraid!! I'l PM u Simon's number for the tattoo soon, got a couple of pix of my other tatto's he's done on my comp, i'l post the link shortly...