The all things tattoo megathread

Aww bless, if all his mates have one then......... I know what my mum would say "and if all your mates jumped off a bridge......."

The best advice anyone could give you is don't be a sheep, go and get a packet of sweetie cigarettes they have stick on ones in em for free!

Aww bless, if all his mates have one then......... I know what my mum would say "and if all your mates jumped off a bridge......."

The best advice anyone could give you is don't be a sheep, go and get a packet of sweetie cigarettes they have stick on ones in em for free!

:hihi: :hihi: Its true though, I have toyed with the ink idea for a while but ... having thought about it decided no.. its more elite to be ink free these days everyone has one.

Nice of you all to be so patronising to a new member.

No wonder SF appears cliquey to some.

Well said stormy.....He#s only young and was being responsible just asking advise, it would have put me off using the SF if i was in his position... We are not all alike on here Dale2k7.

Maybe you could phone a few Tatoo places and ask their advice ? If you ring a few then you may get a general idea as to what the law is etc .:)

Maybe you could phone a few Tatoo places and ask their advice ? If you ring a few then you may get a general idea as to what the law is etc .:)

The law is its illegal to tattoo anyone under the age of 18. Anyone caught doing so can be charged with ABH. Therefore no artist whos worth bothering with will do it without ID

I didn't want to sound patronising at all, I wanted to lighten up the atmosphere a little. Presumabley his mates that have had a tattoo will have told him that he isn't old enough but it's sad as it's true that there are tattooists that will tattoo minors as young as 14.

Any responsible adult would tell this young lad that he is far too young legally and ethically and that he should wait until at least 18 whether a tatooist will do it or not.

To be honest if it were my son asking you all the same question don't get me wrong I wouldn't want him shot down and torn to shreds but I would expect you all to tell him that it's wrong too!

I didn't want to sound patronising at all, I wanted to lighten up the atmosphere a little. Presumabley his mates that have had a tattoo will have told him that he isn't old enough but it's sad as it's true that there are tattooists that will tattoo minors as young as 14.

Any responsible adult would tell this young lad that he is far too young legally and ethically and that he should wait until at least 18 whether a tatooist will do it or not.

To be honest if it were my son asking you all the same question don't get me wrong I wouldn't want him shot down and torn to shreds but I would expect you all to tell him that it's wrong too!

Yeah I know what you mean, I wasnt really aiming my comment at you, more the one on about spelling, punctuation and grammar.

I can liase with Dave and Paul from Eternal Ink. I am the piercing practitioner at Eternal Ink and tend to be quite active on these forums.

Could you find out how much tattoos cost?

I all ready have one on my leg and am looking to add to it as it now seems small, i am wanting writing above and below it in like italic writing

Cheers

i hope my son doesn't ask for one either . I do like some tattoos and have contemplated having one myself but i change my mind so often i know i'd change my mind shortly after ,so i haven't bothered . I look at some people and really like the artwork on their body but then other people just seem to go over board with them .

If it is illegal , then dale2k7 has time to decide whether he wants one. I wish there had been the Sf around when i needed advice as a teenager .

The law has been cited and linked in the third post. It is hard and fast law unlike piercing. There is no need to phone around tattoo studios for their interpretation. It really is that black and white - it is illegal to tattoo anyone under the age of 18 regardless of parental consent etc.