The all things tattoo megathread

hi, is there any tattooist who could design me a 50's stlye pin up girl tattoo? i dont want a potrait per se, just the basic outline with a bit of detail,shading etc. i like the WW2 stlye morale boosting ones, any help would be brilliant.

HI I'm wanting 3 little star outlines on the top of my shoulder...like sienna miller has...ONLY i'm not copying her it's for very personal reasons and I didn't even know se had it until a mate told me. Thinking of going to the one down chapel walk or the one in orchard square? I'm going to nip in and have a chat with the people there...but anyone have any idea how much it might be at those places? ps. it's my first tattoo but been wanting the stars done for about 4yrs. Thanks x

QTattoo in Orchard Square has a charge of £40 per hour (unless it's changed since I last went in). Why don't you call in and talk to Quoz- he'll tell you how long he thinks it will take and commit to a price for your tattoo and book you an appointment.

I haven't been to the one in Chapel Walk I'm afraid, so I can't tell you anything about it- I'm sure that other people will fill you in though.

I think Quoz is still charging £40 an hour...

He did mine last June (see avatar!) and I love it so much! There's also a pic of mine in the brochure on his front desk.

Been meaning to go back and get an old one re-done but keep forgetting to book myself in!

Love Tattoos on girls. If they are the right style and in the right place..... mmmmm turn on!

so where in your opinion is the right place ( if its too naughty pm me with the details :hihi: ), and what is the right style ?????????????????

HI I'm wanting 3 little star outlines on the top of my shoulder...like sienna miller has...ONLY i'm not copying her it's for very personal reasons and I didn't even know se had it until a mate told me.

Stars are "all the rage" at the moment, everyone and their dog has them.

Tattoos go in fashions like clothes, there was :

The George Clooney "Dust till Dawn" tribal tattoo

the Beckham lettering tattoo

the Barcode tattoo

The Robby Williams Mauri(ish) tattoo

Now we're on stars.

so where in your opinion is the right place ( if its too naughty pm me with the details :hihi: ), and what is the right style ?????????????????

On the plevis, sticking out the top of low-rider jeans and leading down to the destination is pretty smart. Lower back also. Small ones on the buttocks...

Now I'm all distracted...

Is it true what they say about your addicted to the pain after having a tattoo??

I had my first one a couple of weeks ago and i cant stop thinking about my next one or talking about them:loopy:

I don't think that you get addicted to the pain, mainly because I don't think that it's that painful (and yes, I have had tattoos done, and I have got them in sensitive areas).

Well, there is some pain, but not a lot, but I guess if you're that way inclined you could get hooked on the pain.

But perhaps it's the buzz of having a neat tattoo rather than the pain that's of interest to you? The experience?