The all things tattoo megathread

If you are even slightly unsure, do not get the work done. Because cover-ups are often unsatisfactory and removal methods are nearly always unsatisfactory.

If you're not at a point in your life where you are 100% certain of yourself and what you want, then you're not ready to make a permanent change to your physical appearance. If you're just following fashion, even subconsciously, re-consider.

Basically if you have any doubt as to whether or not you should have a tattoo, don't.

no you don't get me i've been wanting these stars done for ages it just bugs me off that every other person has star..I'v waited 4yrs so i can wait a bit longer. I'm younger enough to get it done at any stage in my life when the cash flow is more there lol! Anyway i know people will think i'm daft but i'm having the breast cancer ribbon on my hip on friday because i know so many people that have had it including my mum and that i'm 100 million percent sure bout :) it's my 1st one so no horror stories please

You may have wanted them for ages, but you say:

that is why am unsure whether to have it done

You may have wanted them, but now everyone has them you are not sure you still do. So if you've wanted them for ages, wait a bit longer, see if the star craze dies off and you still want them, or it gets bigger and you're glad you didn't look like a sheep to people who didn't know you wanted them long ago...

If you've not seen Memento you've got to. It's about a man who's lost the ability to make new memories. So he can only remember a few new things at once, then he looses them. He's hunting down the man who caused the injury that caused the memory loss and killed his wife.

He writes things down, and really important things he tattoos on himself. It's awesome imdb tattooed Guy Pearce