The all things tattoo megathread

I had a full back tattoo started around May last year, and its approx 1/3 complete. It has I would estimate 8-9 hours left to complete.

I had this started at Eternal Ink on Glossop Rd. Really good artists, and really good guys!!

My problem is the guy who started it "big" Paul, from the shop has left.

I've contacted Dave there and he says he's only working on his existing clients as when he's finished he's retiring. And states that i'd struggle to get someone to finish the work.

The back piece art is also on their wall!

So as you can see I appear to be in a bit of a dilema!!

Can anyone suggest what to do, or who could help me out?? I'd hope the shop would want to finish the piece off as it was started there, and i've put the best part of £600 quid into it already!!

Anyone any suggestions??

Thanks

Lee :confused:

Thou art on chapel walk are lovely :)

I have both my feet tattooed and Stewart was very gentle, despite my squirming!

Reccomended

Did the tattoo on you're foot hurt? I've been after a little tattoo on the top of my foot for abit but i've been told its very painful :help:

I had a full back tattoo started around May last year, and its approx 1/3 complete. It has I would estimate 8-9 hours left to complete.

I had this started at Eternal Ink on Glossop Rd. Really good artists, and really good guys!!

My problem is the guy who started it "big" Paul, from the shop has left.

I've contacted Dave there and he says he's only working on his existing clients as when he's finished he's retiring. And states that i'd struggle to get someone to finish the work.

The back piece art is also on their wall!

So as you can see I appear to be in a bit of a dilema!!

Can anyone suggest what to do, or who could help me out?? I'd hope the shop would want to finish the piece off as it was started there, and i've put the best part of £600 quid into it already!!

Anyone any suggestions??

Thanks

Lee :confused:

Did you have a chat to our other tattooist?

I'll have a word with them both and see what the state of play is for you.

Thou art on chapel walk are lovely :)

I have both my feet tattooed and Stewart was very gentle, despite my squirming!

Reccomended

what did u get on ur foot? im wanting one on my foot but dont want the usual flowers or butterflys like everyone has.

My bf had a tattoo done last week on his upper arm. It doesn't seem to be heeling and has the most horrendous scabbing and seems to be rather red on the outside, i also noticed some kind of yellowish liquid at the top of the arm and at the bottom of the tattoo it looks like someone's taken a knife to his arm and opened it up :gag: he says it's painful as well!..... think it's safe to say it is infected isn't it? :help:

Sounds infected to me. I'd suggest he needs to get a GP appointment ASAP, or go to the Walk in Centre at the Hallamshire Hospital if he can't get an appointment today. It's not really an " emergency" so he shouldn't attend A&E. The Walk-in Centre is open until 8pm I think and is open over the weekend and is much less busier than A&E.

In the meantime he should clean it with some clean water and a few drops of tea tree oil wouldn't hurt (might sting a bit though).

I'd suggest he takes 2 paracetamol if he has a temperature.

I don't want to worry you but please do try to persuade him to get it seen ASAP as tatoo infections can be nasty but can be easily treated.