The all things tattoo megathread

I had my first tattoo (bottom of back) done at Steel City on London Rd, but it faded quite bad. Had my new one done at Mr Personality on Chesterfield Road (who also do removals). I took a picture in that I found, wanted different colours on it, and he did it brilliantly. I really love it and I got a free mug!!!

Why do they call him gypsy steve? he looks nowt like a ****?!

Was talking about tats on friday and my in-laws were talking about gyspy steve and i asked who he was and it turns out he's tattooed me before and i didn't know it was the same person!

He does indeed work in Killamarsh at a studio and from home which is based in S6.

He doesn't do any freehand etc , as far as i know, as long as you have a pic for him to copy from, you're ok.

Greetings,

I am a photography student in my final year at Sheffield Hallam and very interested in doing a project focusing on old tattoos. I have worked with and are friends with many people of my dad's generation and older who have indian ink, homemade and what might be concidered to be archaic tattoos. They all come with a story; sometimes a name of a teenage sweetheart or even a foolish adolecent mistake. If they is anyone who might be interested in such a project or knows of a friend who might get back to me. I am willing to travel around the Sheffield area and can just meet you in the pub, it won't be based in a studio, just where ever you happen to be.

Thanks. David.

b-rad2000@hotmail.co.uk

Got to let people know about Mr Personality on Chesterfield Road.

(Just up from Netto)

He is really good. They have hundreds of designs and are reasonably priced as well. I had a tiger on the bottom of my back and went back to him for a panther on my hip and they are wicked.

When i have another one done i will be returning to him.:D