The all things tattoo megathread

I'll have to go have a look =) as I'm after either a angel or Large dragon from my shoulders down to the back so its going to be about 2ft by 4 ft or more

:wow: rather you than me :hihi: Although i have decided which tattoo i want but as for where i'm having it, i dunno yet but guess i'll have to wait until i've got some cash :D

Random question any one got a full back tattoo, if so how much and where from as I'm tempted to get one done.

Usually you pay by the hour, so it depends on how long it takes to do rather than the physical size of it. I would expect it to take several visits and cost a fair bit.

Usually you pay by the hour, so it depends on how long it takes to do rather than the physical size of it. I would expect it to take several visits and cost a fair bit.

A full back can take anything between 35-45 hours, all depends on a few factors.

Clients skin, how detailed the tattoo is, whether is it colour or B&G.

I've almost covered a back in 15 hours, but it was B&G and I used large needle groups wherever I could.

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t36/EternalDave/IndiaShamanBack.jpg

So price depend on how much the artist charges hourly, you usually get what you pay for, but I always tell everybody,

**LOOK AT PHOTOS OF THE ARTISTS WORK FIRST!!!!**

Then pay what the man asks.....

i had a backpiece started at imperial tattoo some years ago,but the bloke doing mine decided to rip off the owner and him and his girlfriend who pierced me got thrown out,so i never got it finished,does anyone know if its true the owner got shot and killed in america??? as for looking at photos of a tattooists work,the bloke at designer skin had the same photos as imperial,so things aren,t always what they seem.

When I get a job back here, I have 2 more tattoos planned.

I heard Feline is supposed to be good here, if I want something I've custom designed myself, would that still be the bets place to go?

try inkmaster at killamarsh,ian and steve,guaranteed to be looked after,hilarious if you get in on a saturday when they are both working,better double act than morecambe and wise,the only trouble is you dont know if its a wind up or not,reasonably priced too. wifes had a few done by steve,one by ian,had no problems at all,except trying to stifle her chuckles as they recounted past glories.

Anybody watch LA Ink on sunday night? What did we think?

Has London Ink finished now then?

watched l a ink,bag of ****,its the kat show,talented artist,but its all me me me. london ink is the same,we KNOW you did beckham,get over it.

Why do they call him gypsy steve? he looks nowt like a ****?!

Was talking about tats on friday and my in-laws were talking about gyspy steve and i asked who he was and it turns out he's tattooed me before and i didn't know it was the same person!

He does indeed work in Killamarsh at a studio and from home which is based in S6.

He doesn't do any freehand etc , as far as i know, as long as you have a pic for him to copy from, you're ok.

he,s called gypsy steve cos his father saw him in a leather jacket with his ripped jeans and said" steven,tha,t never gooin aht like that are tha?" steve said"yeh,why?" his father replied"cos tha looks like a f****in gypsy!",his father recounted the story to us in the parson cross hotel,urging us to call him gyppo,in the hope he would smarten himself up,but steve being steve,he loved it,and the name stuck, now hes got no hair,but thats due to time,not his fathers blackmail.