The all things tattoo megathread

theres a great tattooist on mansfield road off top of manor called dragon tattoist (i think) i had half of mine done (getting other halves finished next week lol kiddin) they got great studio and have internet available or discs to view artwork wanted. i had one done which i designed myself (wel copied really from somewhere) and they did it up fo me no problem. my daughter uses them frequently and they have all body piercing stuff too. hope this helps xx

I'd too recomend dragon tattoos,we've heard all about feline,steel city etc but dragon is probably the best in sheffield,i've been using dragon's for quiet a while & it's usually wolf who does the tattooing on me,he highly recomends using preperation h rather than vasaline.

maybe say you would like to show your partner as he is paying for it and could you take a pic.

Im sure they will say yes :)

I'm not, most tattoo artists are rightly quite proprietory about their work.

Why don't you go to the place you want to go to and describe what you would like. They may have something as good, or be able to design it for you.

theres a great tattooist on mansfield road off top of manor called dragon tattoist (i think) i had half of mine done (getting other halves finished next week lol kiddin) they got great studio and have internet available or discs to view artwork wanted. i had one done which i designed myself (wel copied really from somewhere) and they did it up fo me no problem. my daughter uses them frequently and they have all body piercing stuff too. hope this helps xx

They did a tattoo on my nephew and it was a joke , not saying all their work is bad , but what they put on my nephew was toilet. They had a bloody great German Shepherd dog in the place as well , very hygenic. This was a long time ago though and things might have changed , but first impressions and all that.

.thats why im booked up .people travel from all over the area to be tattooed by us.did the person in question sit good.did they look after the tattoo in the right way.many questions could be asked.the main question is.if they are not happy with the finished product,why dont they come back and sort out such problems.we are all professional in our job,and would try our hardest to make the customer happy.we do pride ourselfs on our work and do all recolours and touch ups for free.quality is our goal at all times..

http://www.lab13studios.co.uk

http://www.puredelightxxx.co.uk

don't agree that all are professional at all , infact I have come across some proper arseholes in the tattoo industry.

Im looking for my next tattoo and ive seen the one that i want but not in the tattooist's i want to go to.

Can anyone come up with any ideas how to get the design.

Have the face of a bus driver tattooed on your left buttock. Any bus driver will do and on your right buttock have the number 52 timetable tattooed.

Have nothing but good to say about Dragon tattoo they are great! Had my first tattoo done there last year and they were really good ~ explained everything thoroughly and really put me at my ease. Had a lady tattooist and she was great. No probs at all ; )

What I can't seem to find is an actual artist that will do me a coverup which is going to include a lot of freehand work , seems if it aint on thw wall , they don't want to know . I've been to 4 highly recommended shops and none have said they will do it the way I want it doing . The main problem seems to be a thin band , but it's not even an inch thick . Surley if I am prepared to let the tattoo go as high and low as possible the band can some how be covered . I am going to America later this year , might have to pop into Miami Ink , seems they can do it , I've watched them do it on TV.