The all things tattoo megathread

Don't tell me who it was or wasn't , I know who did it and besides if there are other artists working there (which there wasn't at the time) it's the owners job to make sure they are up to scratch. Like I said before it might have just been an off day . I know loads of people that will only use Ian Wallice (Inkmaster Tattoo Studio) in Killamarsh , he has covered both my sisters and brotherinlaws , even my mother and stepfather and they are all nice tattoos , he has done 4 of mine and the last one was crap so I havn't been back since. No matter what you do , sometimes you will do something you aren't happy with . The best tattoo I have was done by a woman called Jackie who was doing a stint at Celtic art in Chesteerfield , I havn't been able to find her since . And I had one by a young girl at Mr Personality on Woodseats .

Any how my point is the tattoo he put on my nephew was toilet , and as I said before that may not be their usual standard of work , but first impressions last and after seeing that (and the bloody great dog in the studio)I would not use them.

I find don't have a deal of time for customers unless they are working on them.

I understand what you're saying, people seem to think if they go into a tattooist the artists will drop what they are doing (and being paid by the hour for) and sit and have a little chat with every person who comes through the door. It doesn't work like that, it might seem a bit unfriendly but when you're having a tattoo done you don't want the artist to be up and down answering questions from customers, you want him/her to concentrate on you.

Ok so this isnt going to a be a new subject. I was wondering about where to go to get a tattoo in Sheffield.

I want a pheonix I have seen on another tattoo site just below my navel and so about 3 inches high.

So where to go and any idea of how much a tattoo of this size would cost me???

Thankin ya!

am in process of having a full back piece done at PINKS on southy green ( opposite where the magnet pub used to be), experienced female artist, cost would probebly be around £50 mark

I understand what you're saying, people seem to think if they go into a tattooist the artists will drop what they are doing (and being paid by the hour for) and sit and have a little chat with every person who comes through the door. It doesn't work like that, it might seem a bit unfriendly but when you're having a tattoo done you don't want the artist to be up and down answering questions from customers, you want him/her to concentrate on you.

isn't that what staff are for

am in process of having a full back piece done at PINKS on southy green ( opposite where the magnet pub used to be), experienced female artist, cost would probebly be around £50 mark

That sound MIGHTY cheap for a full back piece:huh:, unless I'm reading your post wrong!

I'm paying around that for a sleeve extension on Friday which should take about an hour and so is spot on in my opinion.

Having it done at the ever excellent Eternal Ink on Glossop Road (Do I get a discount for the plug!:hihi:)

Jim

theres a great tattooist on mansfield road off top of manor called dragon tattoist (i think) i had half of mine done (getting other halves finished next week lol kiddin) they got great studio and have internet available or discs to view artwork wanted. i had one done which i designed myself (wel copied really from somewhere) and they did it up fo me no problem. my daughter uses them frequently and they have all body piercing stuff too. hope this helps xx

Have to agree with the praises to 'dragon tattoos' went yesterday for my bellybutton re-peircing and if im totally honest i didnt want to leave they made me feel very very welcome. Also had a tattoo doen there back in October and again was very very pleased with the outcome. All friendly people and would definetly recommend them to anybody.

isn't that what staff are for

When I'm paying them they should be tattooing, not answering questions from customers.

It's like if your barber stopped cutting your hair every time someone walked into the shop and had a 10 minute conversation with them. You'd soon get fed-up with it.

What they should do is have someone on hand to answer questions/take bookings etc.

Getting the hump because everyone in the shop didn't stop what they were doing and flock round you as soon as you walked in is a bit unfair.