The all things tattoo megathread

Had mine done today, at Eternal Ink. Totally fabulous. Dave did it, and was lovely, even when I had a moment of nearly passing out, he was really understanding, and didn't make me feel too much like a wuss, even though I am. Would defo recommend. Will be going back for sure. Thumbs up from me...thanks Dave (if you're reading this.)

hi,

not tattoo related but i know most tattooist do piercings too.

well anyway, i need a little help.

i had my lip pierced yesterday (Thursday) and i know they swell (Ive had it done before as well as other piercings) but its really swollen looks like Ive been punched in the mouth and is hard around the hole (i think this is just down to the swelling) i have kept it clean with salted water and mouth wash several times aday. its really tender and bruised.

if anyone could help it would be fab!

thanks

Hi

Im getting my first tattoo done this weekend and was just wondering about tipping. Is a tip expected and what sort of percentage?

no,tipping is not expected,not at any of the studios myself and the wife have been to anyway,however,its entirely up to you,if you do decide to give them a tip,i,m sure they would be grateful.

hi,

i had my lip pierced yesterday (Thursday) and i know they swell (Ive had it done before as well as other piercings) but its really swollen looks like Ive been punched in the mouth and is hard around the hole (i think this is just down to the swelling) i have kept it clean with salted water and mouth wash several times aday. its really tender and bruised.

thanks

Not a piercer, but I wouldn't panic yet, I know people who've had multiple lip piercings which reacted/swelled differently. Keep up with the salt soaks, but make sure they're not too strong (1/8 teaspoon to a cup of water) and I'd dilute the mouthwash too, think it can be quite aggravating to piercings if too strong.

So long as the swelling isn't overly painful, red or hot to the touch (suggesting infection) then I'd just keep an eye on it for a few days. Then if it's still giving you trouble, nip back to the piercer - happy healing :)

hi,

thanks

keep an good eye onit.did the piercer use a bigger bar to allow for swelling??dont eat spicey food.use a good mouth wash not to stronge.the main thing is not to touch it .i know its hard.try to clean it after meals.keep a check to see if the bar inside your mouth aint started to sink into the skin.if so take it out.the piercer must have used a bar to short.....

http://www.lab13studios.co.uk

Hi

i just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how much a tattoo in black probably no bigger than 2"square would be? I want to have it on my shoulder if that helps. (its a treble clef if anyone's interested)

Thanks in advance

Leigh

Hi

i just wondered if anyone could tell me roughly how much a tattoo in black probably no bigger than 2"square would be? I want to have it on my shoulder if that helps. (its a treble clef if anyone's interested)

Thanks in advance

Leigh

the musical note question????????around 20 pounds maybe 15 :)lab13studios.

http://www.lab13studios.co.uk