The all things tattoo megathread

if i wanna get it done i will simple as.

That's the attitude, I don't care if the tattooist gets closed down as long as I get what I want.

p.s. Stars are soooo last week.

fair enough to all your points but i was asking for advice of what to get not a lecture on what i should and shouldnt be doing. if i wanna get it done i will simple as.

If your serious about a tattoo you shouldnt need advice on what to get it should be personal to you.

That's the attitude, I don't care if the tattooist gets closed down as long as I get what I want.

p.s. Stars are soooo last week.

to be fair , attitude has nothing to do with it . If she gets the tattoo and the tattooist gets closed down , it won't be the girls fault will it. It will be the tattooists fault .

And for what it's worth I like stars and prefer the first one , tattoos always go in and ou of fashion , remember the bulldogs everyone were getting . To me it's more important that the tattoo is done well , no matter what it is.

In relation to all above...

If a tattooist is willing to break laws regarding tattooing of minors, might they be willing to disregard reglations regarding health and saftey too?

I got my first tattoo at 17. It was a bit rubbish. But I couldn't go to a tattooist with the good rep as I knew they would ID me :rolleyes: so I had to settle for second best. Which is up to you, but it's gonna be on your body forever!!!

to be fair , attitude has nothing to do with it . If she gets the tattoo and the tattooist gets closed down , it won't be the girls fault will it.

If she lies about her age then yes.

Granted the tattooist should probably check her age but they're going to have to trust people to tell them their real age unless they all start insisting on seeing your passport/driving licence before they work on you.

And for what it's worth I like stars and prefer the first one , tattoos always go in and ou of fashion

Mine will never go out of fashion because they were never in fashion and weren't got as a rather enduring fashion accessory.

I'm with Medusa here ...... none of the 4 tatts I have were in fashion, all were either designed by myself, or through description to the tattooist (Greg) drawn to my requirements.

Mind you, the foot one that wasn't done by Greg is gonna be changed, the fella that did it was never around for infills and so I have grown to dislike it, but until I see/find/think of something better I shall continue to wear it without concern :)

Angi

Mine will never go out of fashion because they were never in fashion and weren't got as a rather enduring fashion accessory.

Ditto that :)

Though it probably is unfashionable as it includes some Japanese Kanji but that is significant for me and was never added to the design out of fashion, just seemed to fit with the feel of the tat.

So, what advice can people give about deciding which shop to go to ? I will be getting my first tattoo in the next couple of months or so; I know pretty much what I want, and have quite a bit of reference material, but will need the final individual design tidied up and custom drawn from my ideas.

From ploughing through this thread, the frontrunners (sorry, I know there are other's in addition to these) appear to be Feline, Eternal Ink, Q in Orchard Sq, Art-Thou, Inkredible, and Dragon. Short of rolling a dice, I'm not sure how to narrow this list down, even less pick one.

Most of these appear to have email addresses; are they likely to be willing to give initial advice/ideas via email, if I sent them some of my reference images and described what I'm looking for ?

Simon

If she lies about her age then yes.

Granted the tattooist should probably check her age but they're going to have to trust people to tell them their real age unless they all start insisting on seeing your passport/driving licence before they work on you.

:huh: The obvious thing to do if you look underage wouldn't you say.