The all things tattoo megathread

So, what advice can people give about deciding which shop to go to ?

Go and visit them, get a feel for the place, look through the portfolios of the artists (if they don't have them do a runner!).

What design/style do you have in mind?

Go and visit them, get a feel for the place, look through the portfolios of the artists (if they don't have them do a runner!).

What design/style do you have in mind?

I'm looking to get a stylised dragon in the style of Argentinian Filetado Porteno artwork (which is pretty similar to Gypsy/Romany paintwork in this country); has a very colourful painterly style, with lots of scrollwork etc

Yes, I guess the obvious thing is to go round and visit places, particularly as what I'm after has quite a specific look, so will need an artist with a particular style.

I'm looking to get a stylised dragon in the style of Argentinian Filetado Porteno artwork (which is pretty similar to Gypsy/Romany paintwork in this country); has a very colourful painterly style, with lots of scrollwork etc

Yes, I guess the obvious thing is to go round and visit places, particularly as what I'm after has quite a specific look, so will need an artist with a particular style.

None of the tattoo artists will object to you going to visit to check out their style and talk to them.

Quoz at Qtattoo does some really lovely freehand work (I've got lots of freehand flames) and his original artwork is all around the studio. I'm sure that the all of the artists have their own skills and styles- so take a sketch of what you'd like, or a print out of different styles and elements that you'd like, and I'm sure that they'll happily talk to you about your wishes.

I really wanna reccomend you the lady who tattooed me last but I dunno when she will be in Sheffield again. Her name is Dawnii and she guests at Thou Art on a semi-regular basis.

http://www.myspace.com/dawnii13

My foot tattoo

I don' think you'd go wrong taking this to Feline either.

i have been to eternal ink on west street and had the worst tattoo EVER on my stomach, to the point where you couldnt tell what it was!!! i had to get it covered up at inkredible in broomhill (closed down now though) which was good but not great, the freehand lines are pants but overall i was happy with it.

i went to feline a few weeks ago and got a new one on my wrist which gail did. i absolutely love it by far the best of my 4 tattoos. it is so delicate and lovely. thought she was really nice to and i would deffo go back there!

i am going to sunderland to get my stomach extended up my side by one of the best artists in the country but he only does full or half days. he has done my ex boyfriends 2 full sleeves and they are awesome.

also who is going to the tattoo show in manchester this weekend?

Im wanting this doing soon.... i dont know where to go....

I want it on the top of mi right arm.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/owlsman/tatooooo.jpg

PS.....Its mi 1st Tattoo :o:D

Well, I had it done 3 weeks ago this Friday.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g198/owlsman/DSC00238-1.jpg

This was taken a day and half after.

Im pleased to say it's just about healed.

A MASSIVE thanks to Paul Goss @ Eternal Ink for doing a fantastic job and great advice.

Check his website out http://www.paulgoss.net :)