The all things tattoo megathread

I'm going back to The Inkmaster (wally) in Killamarsh , the only tattooist I've spoken to that has actually given me the time to have a chat about my coverup and the only one confident of doing a good job of it . Every other tattooist said it would be a struggle to cover my band so I should just leave it.

If you plan on sun/sea/sand, put it off!!

Yep- I'm with this sammeh86 on this one.

You need to keep healing tats clean and dry, and you need to keep the scab intact so anything that could break the scab up (like sand) is a big no-no.

Sun on a tattoo is bad news whether it's fresh or not since it fades the colours out and the black to blue.

Sun on a tattoo is bad news whether it's fresh or not since it fades the colours out and the black to blue.

This is just a theory of mine, I've not checked if it's backed-up by any science.

I've noticed that the bit of skin that is tattooed gets much hotter much quicker (I assume it's the ink absorbing more UV radiation 'cause it's darker) when you're in the sun.

Would that result in an increased risk of cancer or is the ink actually protecting your skin, like the pigment in black skin does ?

go to van shiaks in hillsbrough opposite the park hotel iv had all mine done there they do them free hand so they are personal and no one else can possibly have the exact same 1.

Iv seen alot of crap in papers about him being sick 4 slitting tongues and doing implants but its nothing like the papers make out its all clean and sterolised and the tattooists are really really good!

This is just a theory of mine, I've not checked if it's backed-up by any science.

I've noticed that the bit of skin that is tattooed gets much hotter much quicker (I assume it's the ink absorbing more UV radiation 'cause it's darker) when you're in the sun.

Would that result in an increased risk of cancer or is the ink actually protecting your skin, like the pigment in black skin does ?

Interesting...

Might also get hotter because it is a scar? Mine will swell/itch slightly from time to time when I'm poorly or run down.

I'm not sure if it would make a difference either way. I try and keep mine out the sun as much as I can to stop them from fading (I'm not big on really hot weather either) so can't say it's something I've noticed...

Hey all,

Tattoo Virgin here so excuse me if i seem a little thick!!!!

Ive got a few ideas in mind about a tattoo i would love to have done.

Cant really draw - whats the best way around getting something done???

Also - usualy do you just take your idea down to a tattoist and let them work there magic??

Cheers all! :D