The all things tattoo megathread

im wanting a tattoo done next weekend, i wont have time to go around getting prices so if you could please give me a price that would be fab.

i am wanting 4 small black stars on my wrist,

Some lass I knew, had one small black star on her wrist, it cost her 40 pound. Mine took 2 hrs to have done, outline and colour, and cost 95 pounds.

If they give you a price over the phone they are not worth going to.

Any decent tatooist will want to see you in person first.

It's something thats going to be on you forever - surely you can spare some time to go and speak to a few tatooists and see who you feel comfortable with?

Well the place I went to, I just went straight in and picked one and had it done there and then. The bloke who did mine at ' Feel The Steel' at Intake, did I really great job with mine. The detail, the colour, it's all fab. So what's my point? My point is that your theory is WRONG!

I still think that getting my ribcage tattooed was the worst pain I have been in. Since I am so dangerously thin (I prefer the term lithe!) I swear I could feel the needle hitting the bone and vibrating through my chest.

I agree the rib cage is a killer, and can make you feel a little sick when it rattles your cage. :gag:

I agree the rib cage is a killer, and can make you feel a little sick when it rattles your cage. :gag:

It was the only time where I had to tell the gut to stop for five minutes and let me go outside for some air! I was stood outside the stop with my shirt off, bleeding and messy with people looking at me strange as they passed.

i dont think my 4 stars would take an hr, do you have a number so i can phone and get a price??

They'll just tell you that they are £60 an hour, you'll have to go in and see them to get a proper quote as they'll want to see you and the design.

The number is 0114 2700 985 Thou Art.

Of the current tattooists I have only been Tattooed by Tacho, but he is very good :-)

They'll just tell you that they are £60 an hour, you'll have to go in and see them to get a proper quote as they'll want to see you and the design.

The number is 0114 2700 985 Thou Art.

Of the current tattooists I have only been Tattooed by Tacho, but he is very good :-)

thanks im going in to town today so i'll pop in :)

:shocked:

Don't get it in a colour that can't be lasered off! ;)

Having initials or the name of a partner on your body is actually bad luck (apparently). It's like the kiss of death for a relationship as far as tattooing superstition goes.

If you have kids then they will always be your kids, but partners may come and go. Think wisely and I agree with the comment above ;)