The all things tattoo megathread

Originally posted by D2J

I'll let you know, could be in the next few week :hihi:

I really need to stop :blush:

Surely I should be at the stage where I'm entitled to a free one Litha ;)

:o what infront of all the forum peeps who come?? not to mention those huge windows :o

had a tattoo done yesterday, (sheff wed, shield anarl), anyways, i wuz jus wonderin' wot to put on it.

few people told me to use savlon, which i aint got.

others said "good old vaseline, thats wot yer want", its

propa burnin me, any advice would be appreciated :thumbsup::help:

ps, i can take the pain of it, but i heard that if ya dont

treat it, the scab takes some of the ink with it,

and thus lookin stupid.

If the itch and sting get to you put some Sudocrem on it- it has a local anaesthetic in it (as well as antiseptic to keep it clean). Also useful for sunburn for the same reason.

Have to say though, nothing stops the itch totally for me. What ever you do, just don't pick any scab off and you'll be fine.

the places iv been 4 mine always recommend the cream u use 4 piles!!!!! cant think 4 the life of me what its called... anyways it stops the tattoo scabbing, instead it turns it 2 a sort of liquid scab & that way stops it from itching & from any ink coming out of it. u can get it from any chemist or they sell it at dragon tattoos on mansfield road... hope this helps.

Originally posted by fayel

the places iv been 4 mine always recommend the cream u use 4 piles!!!!! cant think 4 the life of me what its called... anyways it stops the tattoo scabbing, instead it turns it 2 a sort of liquid scab & that way stops it from itching & from any ink coming out of it. u can get it from any chemist or they sell it at dragon tattoos on mansfield road... hope this helps.

That's what I used for my tattoos, pile cream.... works though :thumbsup:

(Tattoo on my lower back)

I used Savlon for the itch during the day but to stop it drying out i used E45 Moisturizer at night... didnt cover it as it needs the air to breath and heal quicker... Looking good no colour missing :)

I have only ever used E45 cream and a bit of savlon, I was advised against anything stronger as it could cause the tattoo to heal unevenly. The cling film should only be on for 24 hours, then it needs some air to it. Most of my tattoos have almost healed in 2 weeks so you haven't got long to put up with it.

Just wash daily (and gently) with soap and water then put a bit of cream on.

Whatever you do don't scratch or pick at it, you could ruin the tattoo.