The all things tattoo megathread

I want a pheonix I have seen on another tattoo site just below my navel and so about 3 inches high.

It's Phoenix, with the 'o' before the 'e'. Reminds me of somebody once describing a bird to me thus: "You can tell she's classy - all her tatoos are spelt right."

I was wanting a black and white tattoo about 3" by 3" on one of my upper arms. What kind of price would one this size be, and would using a design of my own cost more than one in the tattooists' catalogue?

Was just going to ask a similar question to Tyranna.

I want the New Zealand Rugby Union logo (silver fern leaf) and the numbers 941 on my right calf about 7" x 4".

Any ideas how much this would be? Planning on getting it asap.

I was wanting a black and white tattoo about 3" by 3" on one of my upper arms. What kind of price would one this size be, and would using a design of my own cost more than one in the tattooists' catalogue?

Doesn't sound like much more than an hours work to me. Andy (formerly of Body Art and Alter Image) is currently tattooing from the chiropody shop in Walkley and is charging just £20 an hour for ALL work!! It's appointment only but you can get him on 07904 708354.

Don't be fooled by the price, he's really good, he's done most of mone, but because he's not paying any rent on a studio at the moment and he's looking to build his client base back up after a couple of years break, he's prepared to work at a fraction of high street prices!

Normally you pay by the hour, each tattooist works at a different speed, and depending on the complexity of the design it can take a different amount of time, so it's hard to estimate how much you will be charged.

Normally you pay by the hour, each tattooist works at a different speed, and depending on the complexity of the design it can take a different amount of time, so it's hard to estimate how much you will be charged.

Yes, quite right. The days of having price stickers next to flash on the walls are pretty much behind us now. Most tattooists charge anywhere between £40 and £60 an hour today - that's why I only ever go and see Andy.

There`s a guy who`s got an advert in a shop window on hartleybrook shops. He comes to your house. Does anyone know him and if he`s any good?

Ouch. Raises serious hygiene issues for me!

RE Q tattoo, yes my experience that he was a bit of a grumpy chap but I think it's a good call on the name thing!

i am wanting a tattoo with the initials B,H,T all entwined together..does anyone know anyone decent who can do me something? cheers in advance.:)

Try Dragon on Mansfield Road, my hubbys had his changed twice & both times they designed it around his original one which had our 3 kids initials on, I've had 2 done there & they were great