The all things tattoo megathread

I have a small (swfc) owl on my stomach on my left side, a chinese symbol meaning 'love' on my shoulder and a (quite large) tribal design on my lower back, all absolutley agonising! lol.....they hurt, dont let anyone tell you otherwise lol....i would really recommend you go to "Van Shaicks" (or however you spell it!) lol...it is in Hillsborough across the road from Hillsborough park and The Park Hotel Pub, they are a really nice bunch of people (ive had all my tattoos and percings there), i dont find them that expensive, they work in a clean and really friendly environment (they look scary, covered in tatoos and peircings but belive me, they are a great laugh, make you feel at ease)...i would defo recommend you go and have a look at the tattoo designs they have on display (they have hundreds) before choosing one. They also do ones from pictures you bring in, i took a wednesday owl and they copied it straight off, they are brilliant :thumbsup:

Originally posted by the_rudeboy

My thinking is that I'd rather regret somethng I have done and not something I haven't done.

Yes but as i said before i can easily cover them IF i do regret them.

So IMO i'd rather regret something i can easily hide than regret not doing something i really wanted to do and never did.

Originally posted by lexatron

Yes but as i said before i can easily cover them IF i do regret them.

So IMO i'd rather regret something i can easily hide than regret not doing something i really wanted to do and never did.

I think we mean the same thing. :D

Originally posted by melthebell

youve been listening to the butthole surfers :P

Errr nope.

Originally posted by miniminch

Or Orbital I think....:confused: edit Satan

And nope again

I had my first (and to date only) one done 2 years ago. I'd fancied a tattoo for years and hubby paid for it as a birthday pressie - he always wanted me to have a tattoo for some strange reason ???

Anyway, I decided to go for something that meant absolutely nothing to me - I figured that if I chose something that meant something to me at the time, and I changed my mind in later years, I would regret it. whereas something that meant nothing, would never be offensive to me....

So, I opted for a squiggle (that's the only way I can describe it) some people think it looks like a snake, but it isn't coz I hate snakes...

I had it done in July, it was a really hot day (and that's my excuse for going all dizzy and feeling faint). Yes it hurt, but to be honest, it was't THAT painful .... I went to the place on west street, they were lovely. And when I felt faint, they put me onto a bed and gave me some water until I felt better again. Then the guy got a new needle (they were really hygenic) out and finished it off. Never had any trouble with it at all once it was done.

I had it done on my left upper arm. I think, with hindsight, I would should have had it done higher up or on my shoulder so that I could hide it easier. I've never had any regrets, but sometimes (when i've been to posh do's) I wish it was in a place that was less prominent. But at the end of the day, it's me, it's my statement and i'm happy with it.