The all things tattoo megathread

ah.. i did have the link up for where they are but had to pull it as its starting to be indexed by google and screwing with my web stats... sorry... i post some pics somewhere instead...

on a side note 1500 user sessions a month is quite reasonable isn't it?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone.

I wondered if anyone could help at all because im really stuck with this.

Im wanting to get a tattoo done on me in Punjabi/Gujarati but havent a clue where to look or go for an accurate translation of the name I want.

After all, i need it to be accurate so that I don't have some obsenity or joke wrote on my arm. Not that I or many could read it differently, but I dont want to become the butt of jokes from my Indian Friends.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Gempau

Just out of curiosity...are you Indian yourself? If not, why do you want a tattoo in a language you dont speak, and has no relation at all to your culture? Not a dig, serious question. I always think the same when someone has Egg Fried Rice written in Chinese across their back.

Note: This is not an anti-tattoo post, as anyone who knows me will tell you, Im as anti-anti-tattoo as they come. Just curious as to why someone would want something that has no bearing to their own background etched permanantly on their skin, especially if theyre not even 100% sure that its even spelled correctly.

I understand exactly what you saying and ill be totally honest with you.

I want the tattoo as I want something that is symbolic of a name that is very important to me. I didnt want it just wrote down in english and after all the tattoo is for me and me only so if its a symbol or a foreign language then that will be ok because i will know what it means to me.

The reason I picked gujarati ahead of any other language is for two reasons.

I think the gujarati writing looks good for asthetic reasons and I have recently lost touch with an indian friend of mine who had a massive impact on some of my life decisions and i feel it would be a nice way of remembering him also.

Can anyone help, or have any suggestions at all ??

Thanks

I understand exactly what you saying and ill be totally honest with you.

I want the tattoo as I want something that is symbolic of a name that is very important to me. I didnt want it just wrote down in english and after all the tattoo is for me and me only so if its a symbol or a foreign language then that will be ok because i will know what it means to me.

The reason I picked gujarati ahead of any other language is for two reasons.

I think the gujarati writing looks good for asthetic reasons and I have recently lost touch with an indian friend of mine who had a massive impact on some of my life decisions and i feel it would be a nice way of remembering him also.

Can anyone help, or have any suggestions at all ??

Thanks

if its an ok word,why not ask at a temple