The all things tattoo megathread

Joined the group, your Dad looks like a decent tattooist, I'd like to see some more detailed work of his if possible? May have a nice project for him, but at £25 an hour I want it to be good rather than cheap.

:)

I know what you (and probably several others) are thinking, but I can assure you that he's not cheap simply because he's not good. Essentially, he wants to rebuild his client base by attracting people in with the low price, in order to get the valuable 'word of mouth' advertising underway. Soon though, when he's inundated with work once again, you can expect the price to go up.

There may be more pictures of his work on the facebook page before too long but in the meantime, why not give him an email or a call and see what he can do for you?

I am interested in a small design, is there a minimum charge voodoodanny, or will it be £25 min?t

Thanks

Twenty five an hour is only a guide really and there's no set minimum charge. The best thing to do is email Andy with a picture of the design you want, or at least a description, and he can give you a quote. Contact details are on the facebook page.

don't go to van shiaks in hillsborough they made a right mess of my m8s tattoo an she only had a three letter word on her... all wonky an misshaped. looks horrible...

Feline is a good place to go, although it is quite expensive but you get what you have paid for :)

don't go to van shiaks in hillsborough they made a right mess of my m8s tattoo an she only had a three letter word on her... all wonky an misshaped. looks horrible...

Feline is a good place to go, although it is quite expensive but you get what you have paid for :)

Did she tell them after the tattoo that she wasn't happy? Has she gone back in to tell them she isn't happy?

I know what you (and probably several others) are thinking, but I can assure you that he's not cheap simply because he's not good. Essentially, he wants to rebuild his client base by attracting people in with the low price, in order to get the valuable 'word of mouth' advertising underway. Soon though, when he's inundated with work once again, you can expect the price to go up.

There may be more pictures of his work on the facebook page before too long but in the meantime, why not give him an email or a call and see what he can do for you?

I am planning on emailing him with a few ideas to see what he thinks, need to get the ideas into pictures first :hihi:

Did she tell them after the tattoo that she wasn't happy? Has she gone back in to tell them she isn't happy?

No but she got another tattoo done there as well (don't even ask why) that one was quite rubbish too...

i don't think she went back i don't think they would do anything?? she was only 15 when she had it done... no proof of identification or anything...

i'd never go there for a tattoo! EVER!!

My friend had one done by him and hers is great! very symetrical and really bold not faded like a lot of cheap inks tend to go very fast.

No but she got another tattoo done there as well (don't even ask why) that one was quite rubbish too...

i don't think she went back i don't think they would do anything?? she was only 15 when she had it done... no proof of identification or anything...

Had all mine done there and they are fantastic. All the time I have been in having mine done I have seen countless other people having work done and it has all been top quality work.

Tell your friend to go and have a word. At least then you can moan with a reason rather than just sounding off.

She was 15? How long ago did she have it done like? Ever thought that the Studio may have had more artists working there now? With more experience?

She sholuld have spoken with the artists after getting it done, they would have tried to amend anything she wasn't happy with. The fact she walked out then moaned about it doesn't make sense.