The all things tattoo megathread

Nooooooooooooooooooooo stop right there.

Listen it's a curse. Any tattooist and person who's had this done will tell you. When you have your partners name on your body it's a curse on your relationship and you'll end up down the line splitting up.

Now I'm not trying to do a scare tactic here... take it from someone with first hand experience. Never ever have a partners name on your body. Your kids... fine... parents... fine... but partners... Noooooooooooooooo!

I'm wanting my bf's name on my back he has my name in chinese on his neck, but I have a low pain threshold lol

I wouldn't be so sure, it probably means "Menu Number 34: Egg Fried Rice", for the nights when he's too drunk to order verbally.

I agree with DaBouncer, its happened to my parents and there is NOTHING worse than seeing a girl bend over and some blokes name scrawled on her backside. Pointless, you dont need to do that just to tell someone that you love them. Save your cash. Only my opinion though!

Listen it's a curse. Any tattooist and person who's had this done will tell you. When you have your partners name on your body it's a curse on your relationship and you'll end up down the line splitting up.

Now I'm not trying to do a scare tactic here... take it from someone with first hand experience. Never ever have a partners name on your body. Your kids... fine... parents... fine... but partners... Noooooooooooooooo!

I have my g/fs name but its designed in such a way that its not obvious.

i agree wholeheartedly - i have 3 tattoos, one of which signifies my wife, but i haven't had her name tattooed.

I'm wanting my bf's name on my back he has my name in chinese on his neck, but I have a low pain threshold lol

Oh no.

I wouldn't get that done. If anything ever happens between you and your b/f, you're stuck with it!!

As for back tattoos, in my experience, I only find they hurt a little more when tattooing over your spine - but the pain isn't anything major at all.

If you're nervous etc, then see if your b/f or a pal will accompany you.

Oh, and make sure you pick a good tattooist - Feline Tattoo on Hickmott Road are excellent, and are really helpful and friendly.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

i know a guy who went on a club trip to blackpool. him and his mates got bladdered and all went to the tattooists. first guy went in and had his wife's name tattooed on his arm. my friend then followed and when asked what he wanted, he said 'i'll have what he's just had'...luckily the tattooist didn't do it!

i wouldnt advise having your blokes name! however.. i have just had one done on the bottom of my back.. but on the left hand side and although it did hurt it wasnt too bad.. and apparently its supposed to be worse there bacause of the organs underneath or summat than it is in the middle of the back. nothing to be scared of though

Rachel if you are thinking of getting your tattoo on your lower back, i would think again, especially if its your first, the tattooist asked me if it was my first because the pain is soooooooo painful on the lower back that it will put you off any more,

i had a tribal design on my lower back (it was my 2nd tattoo) and it was the most painful thing i have EVER!!! gone thorugh, it took them 3 attempts to do it, each time they kept sending me home, the 2nd time it was that painful i started throwing up in the tattooists!!!!!

It looks lovely now but at the time i wished i hadnt done it, it was excrutchating (cant spell it!)

but thats only my view, not trying to put you off or anything :P:hihi: everyone is different! :)