The all things tattoo megathread

My mums EX had her name in a heart on his arm, she didn't know he was going to get it done and she wasn't exactly happy when he had it done in case they ever split up, she didn't want him to be left with her name on him...his silly mistake they split up about 5 months later! I bet some other woman loves looking at my mothers name on his arm.

Obviously its your choice, but why not at least get something more discreet, like say initials instead or in chinese like hes got yours. Good luck anyways!

Here you are on here wanting advice on tattoos which aren't cheap.

But yesterday you were on here begging for £450 for a bond on a flat.

And today you are begging for £100 on a different thread for the same bond.

Sounds a bit odd to me.

Are you sure your not going to start a thread soon asking for the price of a cup of tea next? Or the bus fare to Rotherham?

Are you sat in the peace gardens (on a wirelsee laptop) drinking cider and fighting with yourself?

Sounds a bit odd to me.

Are you sure your not going to start a thread soon asking for the price of a cup of tea next? Or the bus fare to Rotherham?

Are you sat in the peace gardens (on a wirelsee laptop) drinking cider and fighting with yourself?

My thoughts exactly. By the way it was even worse - £475 for a bond.

I really want a tattoo on my back but i'm scared of the pain, has anybody had a tattoo? and did it hurt?

Rachel19: It does hurt, but it's a pain that's hard to describe. It's sort of like pinching a really bad sunburn -- sharp, hot and relentless. (The pain stops when the needle does.) But it's also strangely satisfying -- and, obviously, completely bearable. I think endorphins, those natural pain killers, must kick in because I also feel a drug-like "rush." It's almost addictive.

I agree that the location of the tattoo has a lot to do with the amount of discomfort. The one on my inner wrist hurt a lot more than the one on my ankle, which has a bit more flesh on it.

My advice is to start with a small tattoo so you can experience the feeling and have it completed in a single sitting. Choose a design that doesn't have a lot of outlining -- that seems to hurt more than the shading. Also, follow the tattooist's instructions for aftercare.

And I also agree with the others on this thread... DO NOT GET YOUR BOYFRIEND'S NAME TATTOOED ON YOU. Wear his ring on your finger or a vial of his blood around your neck instead. :D

Sounds a bit odd to me.

I'm simply asking for future reference and no i'm not in the peace gardens i'm a nice middle class girl and I don't get into fights nor drink cider :gag: I wasn't begging the £475 I need it give it to me was just a light hearted laugh at my current situation