The all things tattoo megathread

Im looking to get a big salvador dali elephant sculpture tattood on my back but for it to look good it needs to be really detailed and to scale from top to bottom. Can anyone suggest a place capable of this?

Seen as its for life money isnt an issue but i think it would take a really skilled artist to get what im looking for.

Also this would be my first tattoo so any ideas of how much it hurts having your back tattood?

Im looking to get a big salvador dali elephant sculpture tattood on my back but for it to look good it needs to be really detailed and to scale from top to bottom. Can anyone suggest a place capable of this?

Seen as its for life money isnt an issue but i think it would take a really skilled artist to get what im looking for.

Also this would be my first tattoo so any ideas of how much it hurts having your back tattood?

Contact Dave at DnA on South Road. He does great tattoos but he can also draw very well. I've seen his tattoos and his drawings. He drew a picture of Gollum from LOTR for me and it is excellent. I also had him tattoo a fairy on my back. She looks amazing. :)

For your first tattoo, I would recommend something small and less detailed. You don't want to start a large one only to discover that you can't handle the pain.

I might check it out cheers. And its the only tattoo ive ever PROPERLY wanted and ive been thinking about it for about a year now. Surely though it cant be that bad that i wouldnt be able have the tattoo finished?

Depends on how you are with pain. I won't lie. I am a baby about pain and my fairy hurt like hell. I love the tat so it was worth it to me.

Edited by Destiny926
Spelling

Tattooist in Crystal Peaks market, has any one used them?

I wouldn't use them, get yourself off to grin n ink at swallownest, she does amazing work and is very well priced. my fella is in the middle of having a large koi done with her and her lines are perfect.

im having a cupcake done this friday on my side and i cant wait!!!

Tattooist in Crystal Peaks market, has any one used them?

Myself and my hubby go to She Inks in Woodhouse and all weve had done is lovely and really professional, theres a lovely elderly chap who works there too who seems to know as much as the owner does about tattoos! Its really comfortable and friendly.

Ive been past crystal peaks but didnt think much to the tattoo pictures I saw and dont like the idea of being tattooed somewhere thats in the same arena as raw meat etc.

Hope this helps x

Ive been past crystal peaks but didnt think much to the tattoo pictures I saw and dont like the idea of being tattooed somewhere thats in the same arena as raw meat etc.

Hope this helps x

I was thinking this myself, thanks for your reply.

I've just had a half sleeve started at Mr Personality in Woodseats.

Pat (the owner) is the one doing it for me and he is AMAZING!!

I've got 10 tattoos, all done at different tattoo shops and Pat is definitely the best artist/tattooist I've come across in Sheffield.

It was a 2 hour sitting and he got a lot of the outline work done. Still a lot to go though...

The best thing is, is that he takes his time. All his line work is fantastic, no wonky bits at all - even though I twitched a few times when he was close to my armpit.

I guarantee that most places in Sheffield would have rushed what Pat is doing for me. I have one of a similar size which only took 1 hour 30 mins...yet this half sleeve is expected to take 6 hours + .... just goes to show he's professional.

He doens't lie either. Most tattooists lie and tell you it won't hurt bad. Pat seems to know all the 'sore' bits and warns you before he does a line there!

A++++++++++ for Mr Personality!!!

I've had my back done, it's very variable, some bits you feel nothing, but other bits are agony (IMO), the bottom of my spine was murder.