The all things tattoo megathread

2 bad experience of places my hubby went to was on west st and one on london road, both tattoos are awful quality, i want one but dont know where to go. It has to be a recommended place and one where the artist will help design and not just expect people to walk in and pick a pre-design from a book. Can you help?

Feline on Hickmott Road (just off Ecclesall Road) have all the usual books you'd expect, but I went in with a few pictures and ideas for inspiration - I didn't want exactly what I'd brought with me, but had a chat with the artist and then left him to scratch his head and draw something up for me. When I went back for my appointment what he'd drawn was perfect. I couldn't have come up with the design myself, but loved it.

You need to go somewhere with artists, who can design and draw, not just copy stencils off the wall and colour in between the lines! Take a bit of reference material with you, if you can, just as a starting point.

2 bad experience of places my hubby went to was on west st and one on london road, both tattoos are awful quality, i want one but dont know where to go. It has to be a recommended place and one where the artist will help design and not just expect people to walk in and pick a pre-design from a book. Can you help?

irezumi or thou art! had my foot tattoo done at irezumi! they were lovely and drew up excatly what i wanted! Thats on abbeydale road x

Hi my niece has ust recently had a lovely tattoo done on her foot (i don't really like tattoos but has far as they go that is really nice) she had it donenot far from the city centre i think if you want me to find out the details let me know and i will get them for you

Hi my niece has ust recently had a lovely tattoo done on her foot (i don't really like tattoos but has far as they go that is really nice) she had it donenot far from the city centre i think if you want me to find out the details let me know and i will get them for you

That would be brilliant thank you. I'm actually in s12 and was pondering on using the one in Crystal Peaks but not heard anything about them, so any views would be gratefully received. :)

That would be brilliant thank you. I'm actually in s12 and was pondering on using the one in Crystal Peaks but not heard anything about them, so any views would be gratefully received. :)

I had my first tattoo on my wrist :) its arabic writing x

Cool, did it hurt (I am complete wuss!) :D

it was uncomfortable but no wouldnt say it hurt, 3/10 i would say, however my ffriend had one on her wrist n she was wincing....iv got one on my foot as well, that was an 8/10 i chewed my coat all the way through....best thing i can say to you is what somebody said to me, man up :) hehe good luck you'll be fine, its very bearable. hav you got high pain threshold? xx