The all things tattoo megathread

it was uncomfortable but no wouldnt say it hurt, 3/10 i would say, however my ffriend had one on her wrist n she was wincing....iv got one on my foot as well, that was an 8/10 i chewed my coat all the way through....best thing i can say to you is what somebody said to me, man up :) hehe good luck you'll be fine, its very bearable. hav you got high pain threshold? xx

Good grief no, I chuck paracetemol down my neck at the sniffter of a headache :hihi: I will definately gave to man up! Thanks Marley xx

I wouldn't reccommend Dragon Tattoo on Mansfield road, I had one on my hip done and the woman tattooist there scarred and burnt my with the needle....I hated it! and always kept it covered. Ive recently had it covered up by Shane at Mystic Ink on prince of wales road...I love it now!

My partner also had one of his done at Dragon and the main bloke was so arrogant and made us feel really uncomfortable.

I cannot reccommend Mystic ink highly enough.....Shanes lettering is sharp and all clean lines in all of the tats. Hes not overly expensive and his custom work is amazing. I'll upload pics later.

Depends on where you have it. There's a thought that having a tattoo can limit a person's opportunities as some professions tend to frown on them, but there seems to be so many people having them that if these organisations don't 'relax' their 'dress code' then they may end up with nobody to employ.

i still swear by irezumi, rung them up today for my next design and the guy said to me, you had your foot done here didnt you, which was a nice touch. Guess he probably remembered my accent as i did not say id been there before. They are lovely and the shop is very clean and modern! x

Hi peeps,can see alot of ya seeking advice for where a good artist is so here is my portfolio for ya to browse,

http://www.facebook/robvond

http://www.inksurgery.co.uk

Any questions you have ill get back to ya soon as im available xxx

Ink Surgery

Custom tattoos and fine art

Offering piercings and laser removal

103 Rosegarth Avenue

Aston

Sheffield

s26 2db

I've had a fair amount done at Ink Surgery and can recommend it. Rob is a very good tattooist.

I am having my tattoo finished today will post it when it is coulored and looking how it should.

Can not wait, for the end product anyone wanting tattoo's done at cheap rates.

I just paid £20 for two lilly's been done, and my rose re-lining and all 3 coloured.

Message me if you want to know more ...

I am having my tattoo finished today will post it when it is coulored and looking how it should.

Can not wait, for the end product anyone wanting tattoo's done at cheap rates.

I just paid £20 for two lilly's been done, and my rose re-lining and all 3 coloured.

Message me if you want to know more ...

why would people want a cheap tattoo done at a cheap rate? theres usually a reason for people been cheap, they are either complete <removed> or no where near a city centre. i think that people should definatly be prepared to pay whatever it is at the standard going rate which most places is about £70. My next tattoo will cost about £280-350 and im happy to pay that cos i know im getting a great artist in the city centre after checking out their work. Not only that its on me for the rest of my life. Not meaning it funny or anything to you just stating a fact, hope it looks nice. I have a lily and star on my foot :) xx

Edited by medusa
language!