The all things tattoo megathread

just noticed while shopping today theres yet another tattoo shop opening on woodseats isnt there a few shops that are tattooists around there,its seems to be tattooing is more popular than butchers shops nowadays

Whereabouts at Woodseats?

across from pyramid carpets n cop shop

Saw it today,there does seem to be a lot opening these days nightmare if you want your first one:huh: Oddly I had my first one done at Steel City when there was very little options and that one appears to be the only one that has closed down!

TATTOO LOVERS, PEOPLE OF SHEFFIELD, POINT ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION

As we know, in recent years the art of tattooing has become something of a worldwide trend, gone are the days of shady back alley shops no bigger than your bathroom, now it's large studios, smelling fresh, clean, with the sound of the tattoo gun in the background and people either waiting for their moment in the seat, or with a friend seeing how they'll cope.

My question is a simple one, having recently moved from London and away from my artist / studio, where do I go now?

Those of you who have a few tattoos will understand the relevance of my post, finding a skilled artist who you trust is something you don't take lightly, after all you're giving them you, any mistake and its you that has it for life, not them.

I've done a little research and thought by the looks of its website "thou art" in town was my best bet, however after being told by the receptionist the website was way out of date, most of the artists had gone, and reading a few bad reviews on google, I've changed my mind, now I'm thinking either Good Vibrations in Crookes, or All Ink in Gleadless have the best websites, reviews, artists and feel about them.

I don't mind one word replies just saying Good Vibrations, or a more detailed reply of where best to go, I just thought posting here would be a good starting point, where would you go, where's best?

Style interest is Japanese, and black and grey realism

Cheers Sheffield

It's huge pal, to be honest if I get 10-20 people saying All Ink, or Good Vibrations then that's all I need to really convince myself, those are the 2 that I think look the best, just looking for others to confirm my thoughts.

The mega thread mentions feline tattoo, sure the place looks nice but the galleries IMO are poor, shading is nowhere near what it could be, and to be honest what pics they have up their don't blow me away

It's huge pal, to be honest if I get 10-20 people saying All Ink, or Good Vibrations then that's all I need to really convince myself, those are the 2 that I think look the best, just looking for others to confirm my thoughts.

The mega thread mentions feline tattoo, sure the place looks nice but the galleries IMO are poor, shading is nowhere near what it could be, and to be honest what pics they have up their don't blow me away

It is huge and unfortunately your thread will be merged with it. It looks like you've already made your mind up tbh. I would hazard a guess that Feline and Van Schaiks get most mentions on the Megathread.