Indie nights in Barnsley

EdnaKrabappe

Went out in Barnsley for the first time in over two years and I have to say how impressed i was!

Previously i've only been to places such as the dire Heaven and Hell there so Barnsley equated to Rotherham on the nights out spectrum...

However spent the night watching a gig at the Lucorum (which I've drunk in previously) however didn't realise what a top venue it is for seeing up and coming bands. They've had alsorts there recently, including: The View, little man tate, The Enemy and The Music and I saw The Twang, Situationists and Alones and Redcarsgofaster last night. Went to old number 7 before and felt really chilled and relaxed place to go... reminded me of hanging out in Great Malborough Street area of London, don't really know anywhere in Sheffield to compare it to.

Afterwards we headed off to the Citrus Rooms where the fantastic Djs played old school Britpop and Madchester mixed with current indie stuff. Noone was in there which was a crying shame! We made up seven and then another gang came in which meant there was only about fifteen of us in but it didn't matter! We stayed until 2.30 and that was only as i needed to get up this morning!

Anyway just wanted to say how impressed and disillusioned i was with Barnsley before and that a proper night out will be on the cards soon. :thumbsup:

Know the Arches is also good (Didn't make it there) but can anyone else recommend anywhere of the above ilk to go there?

Archived