Lost pubs website

Sheffielder

I remember seeing once a website that was dedicated to pubs that had closed/been demolished and I think was mostly Sheffield based.

It had a picture on there of the pub that used to be opposite Owlerton stadium, near B&Q possibly where the drive through KFC is..

Does anyone know where I can find this website ?

It was a very smoky pub, my memories are hazy but I think it was on the corner facing B&Q ?

Would love to find that website again - I hope it's not one of those sites that upload brilliant facts and pictures but then disappear again forever..

Yes, thats the one. It was very smoky and had a rather useful tendency to do 'lock - ins'.

Many thanks - appreciate the help everyone

I just went down taking pictures of the place and Napoleans receptionist came out and shouted out my car registration number !

he he

I'd better call them and put their mind at rest that I wasn't casing the joint !

I remember the pub, but not the name. would that be something like the Sportsman, or the Cricketers?

Hi PT, - I think perhaps you're remembering the Sportsman Group Hotel which was on the corner of Owlerton Green opposite St. John's church. Lost to the dual-carriageway I'm afraid.

A great shame that website has gone, - I still keep a bookmark for it

http://www.swineherd.free-online.co.uk/lostpubs/

in case it ever returns. The owner had obviously put a lot of work into it; it was a unique source for Sheffield's local history.

Archived