Which is the best self defence for young boys?

sanman

At that age .... Judo is a fantastic base for any martial art (vast majority of the top japanese karate men have dan grades in Judo too).

In your area there is a Judo club at Hillsborough LC, Barry Nash's Shukokai karate club at the same place, a number of Taekwondo classes ......

If they want to 'toughen up' a bit, take them to the Rugby League club at Hillsborough arena ....

Hi John!

Actually when it comes to Karate, im sure John (Shotokarate) wont mind taking on a few junior recruits?

Shotokarate has first hand experience working with kids (he is CRB checked too) , he is an RE teacher for his sins.

the judo clubs i've been to in sheffield teach about 5% groundwork, which from talking to other people is representitive of many judo clubs, simply because of the path its followed in terms of the sport. it's a great palce to start, but i wouldn't expect too much groundwork

I believe Master Nick Maskrey runs a Taekwondo/Hapkido club up in stannington, cant remember where exactly.

Lots of kids train there, place at the side for parents to sit and watch. Taekwondo teaches them the kicks, punches and strikes. Hapkido, self defense and close up work.

Decent bloke nick. Took the floor on my 1st Dan.

• 2 months later...

Archived