What's Your Thoughts & Opinions On Vigilante Groups To Fight Crime ?

In my experience I'd say a lot of people are totally fed up of criminals ruining their neighborhood, or the police & courts not having the resources to enforce the law to its full extent to arrest & prosecute criminals.

I personally don't like the idea of people taking the law into their own hands but if the authorities didn't have too many restrictions & could perform their duties correctly maybe ordinary decent people wouldn't think about forming vigilante groups?

Most people don't advocate violent behavior that can be avoided but sometimes maybe people feel disillusioned or let down by the Police & Courts due to all the restrictions in place?

I think some people may feel there's no other alternative but to use violence against violence or other unlawful ways to protect their property & the decent people in their area?

I can't imagine any decent person enjoying or wanting to be behaving in drastic unlawful ways but sometimes they may feel let down & their is no other alternative?

What do all you forumers think?

In my experience I'd say a lot of people are totally fed up of criminals ruining their neighborhood, or the police & courts not having the resources to enforce the law to its full extent to arrest & prosecute criminals.

I personally don't like the idea of people taking the law into their own hands but if the authorities didn't have too many restrictions & could perform their duties correctly maybe ordinary decent people wouldn't think about forming vigilante groups?

Most people don't advocate violent behavior that can be avoided but sometimes maybe people feel disillusioned or let down by the Police & Courts due to all the restrictions in place?

I think some people may feel there's no other alternative but to use violence against violence or other unlawful ways to protect their property & the decent people in their area?

I can't imagine any decent person enjoying or wanting to be behaving in drastic unlawful ways but sometimes they may feel let down & their is no other alternative?

What do all you forumers think?

I agree with you totally King Rat. :thumbsup:

Ordinarily, I would say leave it to the police and the judiciary. However, this is not a wise suggestion anymore since the system went completely bonkers and put the criminal before the victim in many peoples eyes.

When the tax payer isn't getting the protection he is paying his taxes for, and his life is being run by those scum who probably aren't even paying those same taxes, then the only option left is for the man in the street to sort it himself where where the police can't.

If more people got rough on crime, then maybe the scum would move their areas of operations to the more liberal areas where they know they can rob in perfect safety.

A mugger who ends his life under the boot of the person he tried to mug will get no pity nor consideration from me.

i think we're very likely to see more of it. in general i feel confidence in the police is at a low. not because they're not competent but because theres so many restrictions on them and the way the law is right now if a cop does anything thats not totally by the book they might be arrested themselves.

I like the idea of decent people watching out for each other, but i would draw the line at taking the law into your own hands. I'm not happy with what i had to do last night but if it happened again I'd do the same. I think one of the big problems is that people don't have a great deal of faith in the police now days. :(

The encouragement of vigilantes would lead to the closet thugs and hooligans in every neighbourhood being given a green light to start their own reign of terror.

I had a friend who visited Poland where skinhead 'vigilante' gangs roam housing estates looking for junkies and others they consider 'anti social.' She learned of this when she met a diabetic man who'd been hospitalised because the skinheads forced him to show his arms and attacked him because he had injection marks.

People have rights to a fair hearing for good reasons. Is there anyone on this forum who has never been accused of something they didn't do?

Archived