What's Your Thoughts & Opinions On Vigilante Groups To Fight Crime ?

People should start by confronting the idiots that run / ruin this planet. While we have criminals in power, we can't really address the crimes committed by Joe Shmo.

Unfortunately many people will have to in the future unless something drastically changes.

As I am sitting typing this there is something going on outside, but because Im on my own with the kids in bed, I honestly darent even look out the window! But if a lot of fit 6'4" blokes wanted to sort the scum on our estate I dont think I would stop them.

Vigilante-ism doesnt have to decend into violence. it can be a great and hugely beneficial way of dealing with ASB

a show of community force without violence is often just as effective but not as satisfying as giving them a good kicking.

create a picket line of sorts. outnumber the thugs/muggers/etc and they turn and run.

The trouble is, when you live amidst this sort of stuff, you often dont know who you are dealing with. Its likely that the nice bloke next door who you are sure would join such a thing is the cousin/brother/uncle of the main troublemaker, either that or he's sleeping with one of the yobs mothers!

For those of you who don't realise how bad the problem is here is a few examples off the top of my head which I know has happend in the past few months:

Peoples car windows at random have been smashed regular.

An old women i know was spat on after politely asking someone to move out of the way as she was walking into the shop.

Fly tipped rubbish on a elderly neighbours garden.

A friend of mine had racist graffiti sprayed on his car after forcing a youth to move as he was obstructing the road & acting clever.

Vandalism of public property by causing fires has now started on trees after everything else left has been trashed?

A police car was vandalised while the police was attending a burglary not too far away.

I could go on but you get the idea.....

Vigilante-ism doesnt have to decend into violence. it can be a great and hugely beneficial way of dealing with ASB

a show of community force without violence is often just as effective but not as satisfying as giving them a good kicking.

create a picket line of sorts. outnumber the thugs/muggers/etc and they turn and run.

TBH The trouble is in the particular part of the area where we live the vast majority are scummy people not decent IMO, but I'm sure others on the rest of the estate are decent people who have been affected by ASB.

Right now I've really had enough, earlier on today my other half was walking an elderly neighbous dog in the woods near by & there were some lads riding motorbikes to intimidate & chase kids out of the woodland, she tried to intervene & ask them politely to stop, she managed to get the young girls out of there safely , shortly afterwards a petrol can was thrown into our pond (also reported) which has now killed a lot of the fish. We've reported the incident to the police who still haven't done anything, So is there any alternative other than forming some kind vigilante groups to get rid of the scum & end these problems once & for all?

TBH The trouble is in the particular part of the area where we live the vast majority are scummy people not decent IMO, but I'm sure others on the rest of the estate are decent people who have been affected by ASB.

To be blunt King Rat: you need to move.

The police are not going to bother to do their job in the foreseeable future.

The council are not going to bother to take effective action in the foreseeable future.

Look at it objectively: the scumbags are going to continue being scumbags until they are forcefully corrected, and that is simply not going to be done.

They will continue being scumbags whether you are there or not.

From your point of view it is unnecessary stress for zero gain. If you can remove yourself you avoid that.

You have my sincerest sympathy:I have been in this position, but with one difference. The scum were one family and the 'decent people' everyone else. When, after listening to their complaints and tales of abuse and assault I explained the proper legal method of evidence collection and construction of a dossier of ASB, all said 'yes we'll do that'.

Then, without exception, they all backtracked. The complaints they would make to me, they wouldn't tell to the police/pcso's. They all moved away and left me to deal with the rubbish on my own.

The police attitude, to my face, was: 'We're not going to collect evidence nor make arrests, short of assault on you, as it's not a priority and it has costs to our budget.'

If you feel you need to go the other route: I understand the impulse but can you avoid it by moving? And so avoid the hazards involved?:)

Archived