British Acheson Claywheels Lane

smary

Here are some of the names that I know that worked at "The Black Hole"

Ron Green

Derek Trigg deceased

Brian Marshall a greyhound connection I think!

Phil Straw local author

A famous tv and film actor for a while John J. Carney deceased

Did Naseem Hameds dad work there for a while? lots of Yemenis and Arabs including Mohamed Assad did!

Other memories include:

The Turner Trophy for snooker

The darts team played at The Harlequin

Xmas party in the canteen for kids and looking up into the ceiling area and seeing the balloons in a big net for the works dinner dance the following week!

Wow lots of memories flooding back now.

• 3 years later...

I do remember the parties - we all looked forward to them. One of the memorable things was I won a silver plated marmalade jar - it was for the first person over the line with a pair of ladies tights over their arm - I was then carried still wearing the tights by a man I think was Ron Smith.

I do remember the General Office lady was Pauline Semmens - there was Jean Bullock. A Jean Templeman worked in the Engineers office - the manager then was Gordon Franklin.

Manager of the Transport dept. was somebody Bissett. The purchasing officer was Peter Pilkington - I was his secretary - I married the assistant purchasing officer and moved to Chesterfield as they didnt allow married couples to work together.

I do remember the parties - we all looked forward to them. One of the memorable things was I won a silver plated marmalade jar - it was for the first person over the line with a pair of ladies tights over their arm - I was then carried still wearing the tights by a man I think was Ron Smith.

I do remember the General Office lady was Pauline Semmens - there was Jean Bullock. A Jean Templeman worked in the Engineers office - the manager then was Gordon Franklin.

Manager of the Transport dept. was somebody Bissett. The purchasing officer was Peter Pilkington - I was his secretary - I married the assistant purchasing officer and moved to Chesterfield as they didnt allow married couples to work together.

Did you know my Nan who worked in the canteen and brought the tea round?Her name was Mabel or 'Mabs'

Here are some of the names that I know that worked at "The Black Hole"

Ron Green

Derek Trigg deceased

Brian Marshall a greyhound connection I think!

Phil Straw local author

A famous tv and film actor for a while John J. Carney deceased

Did Naseem Hameds dad work there for a while? lots of Yemenis and Arabs including Mohamed Assad did!

Other memories include:

The Turner Trophy for snooker

The darts team played at The Harlequin

Xmas party in the canteen for kids and looking up into the ceiling area and seeing the balloons in a big net for the works dinner dance the following week!

Wow lots of memories flooding back now.

Wasn't Phil Straw the main union rep ?

What book did he write ?

I was an inspector in 1974 for a few months

Sorry I don't remember the lady Mabel - I do remember we used to go over to the canteen for lunch and my favourite was halibut with a sauce - a real treat. I think we used to call the canteen manageress Mrs B. the memory isn't what it used to be.