Shiny Sheff AKA the Sheffield

diablo

Has anyone been to the Shiny Sheff at Lodgemoor since it changed hands, about a week ago or so I've been told.

Just wondered what people thought of it and whether it is worth going back in there.

The Shiny Sheff is my local and the new manager opened up about a fortnight back. They're not open all day in the week but are usually open all day at the weekend. They're still finding their feet, so to speak and so the pub might be a bit hit and miss regarding opening hours.

The differences are noticeable. The locals are back (many of whom were barred for a variety of reasons, some petty, some for good reason), smoking is allowed in the tap-room bar, kids are allowed on the premises till 7pm (a big :thumbsup: for the yellow sign in the doorway which informs customers of their policy regarding kids) and the pool table is already back in situ.

Only last week, food was available, albeit sandwiches, baguettes and jacket spuds for the time being and the general atmosphere of the place is lively.

Karaoke returns this Thursday and the Timothy Taylor Landlord which made a comeback last week is a very good pint.

I'm chuffed to bits; I've got my local back!:thumbsup:

Good news.......will call in for a pint of Taylor....a fine pint indeed, not had that down here yet either.....its on my list....

but its going to take a hell of a lot of work to make that pub viable as an ongoing business......I would never have taken it on, even as a community local sort of place as its suffered so badly over the last 5 years or more with naff Managers...

.in the old days all the pensioners went every night which was its bread and butter back in the 80's.......it kind of lost all of those when it changed hands in the 90's, and never got them back again....

As a food venue, It used to be very very good in the early 90's,....the work required to bring back that trade will be a real challenge, but I wish the new owners all the very best, and if the real ale is on form, I will be there on my nights off...

As a food venue, It used to be very very good in the early 90's,....the work required to bring back that trade will be a real challenge, but I wish the new owners all the very best, and if the real ale is on form, I will be there on my nights off...

Yeah, I agree, good luck to them. They better get some locals sorted for the Pool comp. 13 weeks starting Wednesday "The Ashes" Pomona (Pommies) vs Sheffield. Staff and locals V staff and locals. Trophy to winning pub and all proceeds go to charity of winning pubs choice. Should be a good one to watch I think.

Archived