Has anyone had a BA? or used Transform Medical Group in Sheffield? Opinions Please

My friend had a BA via the NHS, however the work was contracted out to a well known Sheffield private clinic, turned out they operated on her when neither her nor the surgical team knew she was pregnant (no pre op test done) this was further exacerbated by the pregnancy being ectopic and to top it all off she caught MRSA.

it took her 8 months to recover from all the complications, though her boobs now look fabulous. :D

Not wanting to worry you curvy, just be careful.

I don't think they ever really look or feel natural, do they?

Think carefully before you submit your body to the knife ... it hurts!! Not that I've ever had breast implants but I have had an operation :(

I bet you look fabulous anyway, there was a recent survey that 80% of women aren't happy with their bodies, and yet clearly 80% of women look just fine.

Hi curvykitten

Three weeks ago I went to Belgium (Brussels) for the same op. I went through Elyzea who have clinics in Manchester and London. The total money I spent doing this was £2,500. This covered the operation, travel (went by Eurostar - ony a couple of hours and very comfortable l), support bra, and accomodation for two people. My surgery was done by a top Paris surgeon and I had no pain whatsoever - just a mild discomfort, I only took painkillers one time because they felt a bit tight because of the swelling. Aftercare is brilliant.

I have to say I would recommend these people to anyone. First class care in a spotless clinic with lovely staff.

If you want to pm me please feel free. I am totally happy with what they have done for me. It was well worth the effort to travel to Brussels and I saved a lot of money - which I can now use to buy some new clothes :-))

A. x

I don't really agree with ' plastic surgery '.

However, a friend of mine basically had no breasts. She had implants and looked fabulous. Her character and confidence improved instantly.

Go for it, just don't do a Katie Price. But do it for the right reasons.

Just a blokes opinion.

I got my BA done at Thornbury by a surgeon there who was really really good, and told me about all my options ... Mr Brotherstone, I would not hesitate to recommend him.

Took about a year for my skin to stretch and for them to properly "bed in".

PM me if you want any info ...

Do implants still need replacing every 10years or so??

I know people who had this done when i was in hospital and it hurt A LOT because to replace them they have to scrape all the muscle and tissue that builds up around the implant to remove it and then replace it.

Last time I went to see my surgeon (for my five year follow up) I asked about this and he said that the research that said 10 years was done on implants from the 60's and that technology has come on since then. He said that they should not need replacing.

Hope this helps

• 5 years later...
Don't go to Transform, they are rip off merchants. I originally had BA with Transfrom back in 1984. In Jan I noticed that my right breast was becoming indented, so I rang Transform and arranged to see Dr MAHDI. During the consultation which was all of ten minutes, I was told the implant had ruptured and needed to come out and the sooner the better. I was completely shocked. I was immediately shown into a room with sales advisor Nicky who gave me dates etc. To cut a long story short I had the BA in Feb. The dissolving stitches they put in dissolved quickly leaving me with an open wound which is now only just finally healing but with knobbly scarring. When I went back for the Post Op with Mr Mahdi, he said "Good news, the implant hadn't ruptured" They have conned me out of £5,000. I had surgery out of fear. Checking now at all the relevant information it seems that a good surgeon will recommend an MRI scan prior to going ahead with a removal and replacement. Transform never recommended this. Now they refuse to take calls or act upon my complaints, they even had the audacity to send me a copy of my medical notes and you can plainly see they have been altered. I am currently taking legal actions. This company does not care about its patients, the women coming through the door are treated like cattle. I'd recommend to everyone in the Sheffield area to go elsewhere. Although plenty of people will say they are good, what if... you're one of the unlucky ones. Transform play a percentage game, and they don't care about you if it goes wrong. Put your hard earned money in a company where they have ethics. The complaints procedues they have are just hype, they don't follow them.

It's a high price to pay for two bags of jelly in your chest and increased attention from men.

MRIs are not things you want doing when you don't need them either.

I thought implants had a life span of 10years?

Don't think any morals can be expected from physicians that have already made a conscious decision to move to the dark side of medicine where profit is put well before patient care.

Archived