Rollestone/ Bankwood School - school photos

katkin

Yes it is the Gary Ward who got a crane/digger in his front room. I believe it rolled away when they were building the Residential home across the road at the bottom of Gleadless hill. I think the Haigh is Janet Haigh, best friend and neighbour of Anne McElwaine at the time. Could the Mark Platts on the back row actually be Andrew Shackleton? It looks a bit like him. I'll try and get in touch with them to find out although not seen any of them for years and years.

Brilliant photo though Kathryn. Absolutely brilliant. God how Brian Mohammed used to wind up old Mr Tate, who I believe is still teaching at Bankwood.

Later

Beamish

Just looked at that photo shame the crease goes right throw my head but never mind brought back some good memories yes it is andy colley 2nd row hope more people find more photos has i lost all mine when we moved of the valley

Mark, If the other half ever gets round to reinstalling photoshop, I'm intending to try to repair it as much as possible, so maybe I'll get that crease out if I'm lucky...I can't believe nobody else has their copies - I used to have the other group photos for years 1,2 and 3 too but one of the younger siblings mus'tve torn them up as well...shame -Ive hardly any photos from my mispent youth,,,

Hiya all - Wendy Haigh???? here! Lol Yes thats me third from the left and I'm Janet Hague.... but good guess anyhow - I think you've done brill naming all the people on there - I would have struggled to name more than half a dozen...Great to see this Pic though - my Mum also had a clear out and I've not seen a class photo in Years. Thanks to Chris Adams who sent me this link on friends reunited - seems he could remember my name.....:thumbsup: Think the lad on the Back row is Mark Parsons????? could be wrong tho

• 2 weeks later...
How did Mark Platts make it into the back row and the front row?

Is the Gary Ward, the one with the crane through the side of the house, or the other one off of Bankwood Road?

Lots of the surnames (Colley, Machin, France, Senior, Platts) are familiar, they have younger siblings, but you lot must be a couple of years older than me, you may know one of my older brothers, the Harpers (Robert or David)...

i now live in that house, still talked about to this day

Yes it is the Gary Ward who got a crane/digger in his front room. I believe it rolled away when they were building the Residential home across the road at the bottom of Gleadless hill. I think the Haigh is Janet Haigh, best friend and neighbour of Anne McElwaine at the time. Could the Mark Platts on the back row actually be Andrew Shackleton? It looks a bit like him. I'll try and get in touch with them to find out although not seen any of them for years and years.

Brilliant photo though Kathryn. Absolutely brilliant. God how Brian Mohammed used to wind up old Mr Tate, who I believe is still teaching at Bankwood.

Later

Beamish

Mr Tate left Bankwood in about 2005 stressed out with Bankwood kids went to another school

Archived