Goodison136 ex Duncombe Street

Goodison136

Hi HughW...Sorry but I have you now...it was a greengrocers shop next to the chippy and yes opposite was a grocers Saxtons as I remember took the shop over when I lived there..nice people they were...Glad to here about the old place though lot of memories from there....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I saw the name,Goodison and remembered a family of that name being related in some way to my grandparents. I have no idea which part of Sheffield they lived in, even though I visited the house frequently with my mother and my grandmother. I know the father was Joe and the mother Girlie,probably not her given name,but the only one I ever heard her called by.

There was also a son, Joe and a daughter Margaret. I believe they were staunch Sheffield United supporters. Even if they were from the area, I'm probably going back too far, after all I'll be 70 this year and I was just a young child when I knew them. It was just seeing the name brought back memories. Perhaps someone will remember them.

Archived