Sheffield 70's Rock Band

docmel

Just need some closure on this and I wonder if anyone could clear my brain one way or another.

In the early 70's there was a locall band called Lamplight or Limelight.

Rock band with a brilliant young keyboard player - very much in the Keith Emerson/Rick Wakeman style.

I remember seeing them at a couple of places - only place i can name though was the 'Mucky Duck' (Black Swan)

This next bit is where it gets a bit hazy for me....I was sure that the keyboard player left the band to join Cockney Rebel, but having just played one of their tracks on Napster and looking at the album notes, there was no mention of this guy....just the original keyboard player and then a South African.

have I been dreaming?.....can any of you people shed some light on this??

Just need some closure on this and I wonder if anyone could clear my brain one way or another.

In the early 70's there was a locall band called Lamplight or Limelight.

Rock band with a brilliant young keyboard player - very much in the Keith Emerson/Rick Wakeman style.

I remember seeing them at a couple of places - only place i can name though was the 'Mucky Duck' (Black Swan)

This next bit is where it gets a bit hazy for me....I was sure that the keyboard player left the band to join Cockney Rebel, but having just played one of their tracks on Napster and looking at the album notes, there was no mention of this guy....just the original keyboard player and then a South African.

have I been dreaming?.....can any of you people shed some light on this??

Is it this band you are looking for ?

http://www.nwobhm.com/limel.htm

Archived