IPod Volume help

scottf

I'd really like a utility that would go through my music library and normalise the volumes of tracks. I find there is quite a lot of difference in the mastering of tracks on cd, and when i'm listening to music on random its annoying having to constantly fiddle with the volume.

Any ideas?

I'd really like a utility that would go through my music library and normalise the volumes of tracks. I find there is quite a lot of difference in the mastering of tracks on cd, and when i'm listening to music on random its annoying having to constantly fiddle with the volume.

Any ideas?

Are you talking about an iPod/MP3 player or your home computer?

I have my own moulded in ear monitors, i.e they only fit me and basically 'isolate' you, but the iPod( 2nd gen original, not Nano ) still isn't loud enough.

I like my music loud when the mood takes me.

Me too :) Which ones did you get? I have some Westone UM-2s with their earmolds. I have a first gen nano and use rockbox so no limits what so ever....I can't put the volume up too loud as it will actually kill my ear drums.

basshedz2: depending what hardware/software you use replaygain is very good for this....it works on mp3, flac etc by adding tag data to each track but the software and hardware have to understand the tags to use them...luckily rockbox, winamp and my squeezebox can all use replaygain!

Mine are done by an audiologist in London that deals with musicians. They then get finished by Hand Held Audio

However, there is someone based in Sheffield now. Will trawl threw my posts and try to find the address.

Just basic acrylics that take Sony drivers. Still fabulous though. Cost about £150. But wouldn't be without them.

Are you talking about an iPod/MP3 player or your home computer?

Well both really, but its especially annoying on my ipod.

basshedz2: depending what hardware/software you use replaygain is very good for this....it works on mp3, flac etc by adding tag data to each track but the software and hardware have to understand the tags to use them...luckily rockbox, winamp and my squeezebox can all use replaygain!

I don't really want to install rock box on my ipod, i'm too scared of messing everything up!

I have my own moulded in ear monitors, i.e they only fit me and basically 'isolate' you, but the iPod( 2nd gen original, not Nano ) still isn't loud enough.

I like my music loud when the mood takes me.

yeah the earbuds that come with your ipod you might as well bin. they dont fit and are ****.

investing in a decent set of headphones (even if its £30 sonys) will be worth it.

if youre willing to drop some decent cash you can get some shure e2c or e3cs but they also start at £34 on amazon for gaming headphones and can go as high as £170

yeah the earbuds that come with your ipod you might as well bin. they dont fit and are ****.

I must have big ears then. Mine fit fine.

And i actually think the sound quality is the best i've heard through 'in-ear' headphones... but i'm obviously no audiophile.

Get some good headphone, the ipod ones are rubbish.

My hearing's very good... so it must be my complete and utter lack of musical ability that makes me unable to hear the problems with iPod headphones.

Here you go as promised.

Cheers! The guy who did mine usually does molds for bikers who want ear plugs doing, he did the molds for me then I sent them to one of Westone's official dealers in this country. I know what you mean about quality tho, they're so much better, plus they block noise out better than any of those noise cancelling jobbies.

Archived