First or favourite cars

tiffy

My son informs me of his intention to buy a new car and pointed the model out to me recently - to me it looked just like every other car on the road. It reminded me of the cars I used to see as a kid that had distinct shapes - Capris, Anglias, Consuls, Minis, Morris Minors, Hillman Imps and so on...............can you remember your first car or a car that you'd love to drive again?

Oh fond memories of a "turd" brown Allego.

The back seat was like a sofa!

My dad brought it back from London after buying it to get him back. Cost £200, ran it for 2 years then it died. i remember the scrap man towing it away and feeling very upset.

I would still love another.

Not my first car, that was a Triumph Herald, but one I still hanker after is a Triumph TR3A. The 'A' denoting a major design improvement - door handles! Only had it for a year but it still brings back memories when I see one today.

Picture of a similar one here: Triumph TR3A

my first car was a sickly beige ford fiesta with a brown vinyl roof. I had for for just over a year and regularly had to pull over and pick up parts of it that had dropped off. a mud flap here, the radio aerial, a bit of wing and bits of exhaust.

I bought it for 400 and sold it for 450 a year later!!! couldn;t believe I found somebody who was more of a mug that I was!

It made me determined to never buy a ford again,, bit unfair really

My first car was a C reg Vauxhall Nova.

It was red and the back seat got soaked when it rained.

I loved it though.

Favourite car is a Jaguar E Type.

Can't afford one though and wouldn't have anywhere safe to park it!

My first car was a Rover Maestro ex-police car and I still own him. Couldn't bear to part with, it is due to under go extensive restoration soon to make it look new again.

Some cars I would like to own

MG Maestro Turbo

Lotus Elise

Metro 6r4

Mini ERA

Hillman Imp

My first car was a Mini (how original), but I had five more after that, all different models to see how they compared (1275GT was the best).

My most favourite car was a Peugeot 205 cabriolet. It was the ultimate in cheap, fun, open-top driving. I'd strongly recommend picking one up in the winter when they are around £300.

Mine was (is) a 1977 S reg Fiesta 1300 MK I in metallic gold. Had it since 1983 believe it or not, and it STILL runs, to be seen rattling around Broomhill, Walkley, Fulwood and town on a regular basis. Had quite a few others through the years but never scrapped this one, just taken it off the road from time to time for renovation, far too attached to it. About to go for its 24th MOT test on Monday and will no doubt sail through as usual. (HA HA HA) DOnt care what u say, Ford built some damm good cars that were made to last!!! Give us a wave, it is VERY noticeable and everyone stares at it, being a modest 27 years old, bright metallic gold, and with nothing fallen off yet

Guest teebee

My first car was a black and rusty ford fiesta, when the rust got too bad i used to cover it up with black hammerite, and you didnt have to worry about locking the keys in the car because if you did you could open it with any car key, and it only had 3 gears 1st 4th and reverse, it did have second and third but it was a struggle to keep it in them, you used to have to drive it down the road rev the arse off it in 1st then quickly change to 4th and pray.... oh well happy days with my little S reg fiesta

My first car was a Ford Cortina mk iv.I went everywhere in it.The highlight of our travels was a weekend in Blackpool with 2 mates.It wazzed it down all the way there and the roof leaked.

We picked one of the lads up straight from work,and when we got to the digs,he unpacked his bag,and he hadnt put any shoes in.Friday night clubbing in Blackpool with steel toe-caps on!!

If I could have any car back,it would be the Cortina.It just holds so many memories

Archived