Sheffield in the 70's, What memories!

Mick3330

the things i remember from the seventies include:

Chelsea Girl on Fargate

The never ending summer of 1976

Saturday job on fruit stall in Sheaf Market for £2.40 for 8 hours work

Wimpys

Bailys nightclub, getting in when I was only 16

The Fab Crazy Daisy and watching all the 'freaks' as we called them, that was the Bryan Ferry, Roxy Music and Bowie fanatics

Scamps nightclub at back of Moore

Those were the days

Freaks dancing to Bowie in the daisy?That'll have been me and my mates then!!!

Getting on tram from bottom of Staniforth Road to Millhouses Park for only a three penny bit. Going into Shipmans firm at the bottom of Attercliffe Rec and nicking umbrella spoke and making them into bows and arrows and sharpening the arrows on the stone paving slabs in the street, jumping into the canal off Stanifroth Road bridge...talk about health and safety eh ???

• 3 months later...
We used to do that, then it went upto a quid !!!

god i remember when the pound coin came out i was playing hocky and a friend showed me one think i was about 11 12 maybee ? im 38 now i must be a right saddo because i was amazed at them

how strange i am lol

god i remember when the pound coin came out i was playing hocky and a friend showed me one think i was about 11 12 maybee ? im 38 now i must be a right saddo because i was amazed at them

how strange i am lol

Not as strange as me, i first saw the pound coin on thats life with esther ransen

I miss the figure I had back then, never worried about weight (mind you did smoke in those days). I remember Chelsea Girl, Van Allen, Polly of Piccadilly, Going to Penny Farthing, on Monday nights, Tony Currie, Len Badger. Never having enough money to see me through the week, hiltone hair bleach.

Archived