Sheffield in the 70's, What memories!

Mick3330

The Seventies! Buccaneer:love: Nelson, Penthouse....and Nurses Night on Wednesdays! Platform boots (multicoloured), velvet dungarees, brightly coloured trousers, suede patchwork jackets (multicoloured), patchouli oil everywhere, Tweetie-pie tee shirts, Nurses:love:. Glam rock, long hair, cheap bus fares, cheap drink. Nurses:love:. Devastation and Homelessness followed as Buccaneer closed:cry: :cry: :cry:

Did I mention the Nurses?:love::hihi:

The Seventies! Buccaneer:love: Nelson, Penthouse....and Nurses Night on Wednesdays! Platform boots (multicoloured), velvet dungarees, brightly coloured trousers, suede patchwork jackets (multicoloured), patchouli oil everywhere, Tweetie-pie tee shirts, Nurses:love:. Glam rock, long hair, cheap bus fares, cheap drink. Nurses:love:. Devastation and Homelessness followed as Buccaneer closed:cry: :cry: :cry:

Did I mention the Nurses?:love::hihi:

Stop! Ive come over all nostalgic :)

look in magazine

cold concrete benches in pondstreet

tomorrow people

smell of yeast from brewery on bridge

clouds of starlings in city centre

small smoke filled cafes in castle market

loads of phone boxes outside post office

classic cinema (watched 2 films)

silver two and a half pence piece

I could go on

Space dust, oral XXX, and losing my virginity to the lass behind the bar at the Penthouse:clap:

Also downstairs in the Nelson they had paintings of Rock Stars... Alice with a Boa.. but who else... Bowie?... maybe some obscure guitarist (R. Trower?????)

Come on, let us know!!

Very very mini skirts and high white boots.

You must be my age! I always wanted white knee high boots but my legs were so skinny I couldn't wear them! I still like them to this day. You also mentioned in another post the 2p - 5p bus fares which I remember - the videmat machine on the buses which the old ladies used to ask for their fare! They were always going wrong. I also remember the Bucaneer closing down, I wrote a little poem about it and got it printed in the Star, the best thing was I was only 17 and so frightened of getting "done" for under age drinking and my dad finding out"! They were much better days than today, I never felt under pressure at work like everyone seems to be today and things in general seemed so much better. ahhh lets go back and do it all again. :smile:

Youth Dew!!! forgot the Youth Dew!! Everyone had to have it. Wow it was so sweet smelling. Do they still do it?

I remember wearing Hot Pants with 2 pairs of tights on so my legs didn't feel the cold! AND the Afghan coat, god it smelt awful but had to have one. Sweet sweet memories!!

White dog poo...never see it anymore

Cider lollies....miss em

Bovril crisps......mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Vidamat machines on buses.so easy to get away with puttin buttons in instead of coins

Redgates toy store

Proper snow (used to get loads of it)

White dog poo- the reason you don't see it now is in the 70s/ 80s dog meat had a lot of bonemeal mixed in it...Redgates- what a store! OOH Bovril crisps and cider lollies- stoppit!

The Fiesta club - with the 4 Tops, The Grumbleweeds, The Four Seasons and all the other regular acts (late 70's for me then, of course).

Someone mentioned the ABC cinema - anyone used to go to the Saturday Morning matinee club - and used to sing that stupid song....

"We all clap and have our sing, song

such a happy crowd are we...

We're all pals together

we're minors of the A..B..C.."

Sad, I can remember that (well, some of it)

Archived