Liverpool Vs The Blades

scottf

Shows how much you know about the recent up turn in uniteds form.

No comment on scoreline with this, but even if we lose its no biggy

Without being overly confident .... below are the reasons i believe we will take the points .................

At Anfield : Liverpool 37 wins, Sheffield 9 wins, Draws 12.

If Liverpool avoid defeat it will be only the fourth time in the club's history that they have gone 30 league games unbeaten at Anfield.

Liverpool have gone 754 minutes since they last conceded a goal at Anfield in the Premiership. It was scored by Gabriel Agbonlahor of Aston Villa in October.

United have lost each of their last four away league games since winning 1-0 at Wigan in December.

Current League Standings:

Liverpool: Pld 27 W 15 D 5 L 7 Goals For 40 Against 19 Pts 50. Position 3rd.

Sheffield United: Pld 27 W 8 D 6 L 13. Goals For 24 Against 36 Pts 30. Position 15th.

Leading scorers this season: (League in brackets):

Liverpool: Crouch 13 (6), Kuyt 10 (9), Bellamy 9 (7), Gerrard 7 (4), Garcia 6 (3), Fowler 5 (1), Riise 4 (1), Alonso 3 (3), Gonzalez 3 (2), Agger 2 (1), Carragher 1 (1), Hyypia 1 (0), Paletta 1 (0), Pennant 1 (1).

Sheffield: Hulse 7 (7), Jagielka 3 (3), Nade 3 (2), Webber 3 (3), Gillespie 2 (2), S.Quinn 2 (2), Stead 2 (2), Kazim-Richards 1 (1), Montgomery 1 (0), Morgan 1 (1), Tonge 1 (1).

hhmm- thats the thing- earlier in the season i would agree with you and say we would put 11 behond the ball but over the past few months warnock has realised that in this league if you don't attack you loose- i think you will see are more attack minded side than your expecting.

hhmm- thats the thing- earlier in the season i would agree with you and say we would put 11 behond the ball but over the past few months warnock has realised that in this league if you don't attack you loose- i think you will see are more attack minded side than your expecting.

i really hope so because liverpool are not so good at breaking defensive teams down (remember everton)

On the other hand, we play alot better, freeflowing when teams open up and attack us (remember chelsea)

So yeah mate they may well do but i reckon that would be playing right into our hands

i really hope so because liverpool are not so good at breaking defensive teams down (remember everton)

On the other hand, we play alot better, freeflowing when teams open up and attack us (remember chelsea)

So yeah mate they may well do but i reckon that would be playing right into our hands

An early goal for the blades, and i can see 3 points coming home with us. You are trying to make out liverpool are a very attacking side, when they aren't.

An early goal for the blades, and i can see 3 points coming home with us. You are trying to make out liverpool are a very attacking side, when they aren't.

Mate ... im not trying to make out anything

Liverpools home record is second to none

United have scored 7 goals away from the lane all season

I simply believe that Liverpool will win

Im not saying united are crap

Im not saying Liverpool are the best

Im just saying that with all the facts, form, home advantage, confidence etc .. that i believe we will win ..... thats all

Where did i state that?

Will your two behave thi'sens :P

Hard game for us, if someone offered me a low scoring draw I would snap their hands off. Realistically, I am predicting defeat but we have scared all the big clubs at some point this season so why change the precedent now?

Will your two behave thi'sens :P

Hard game for us, if someone offered me a low scoring draw I would snap their hands off. Realistically, I am predicting defeat but we have scared all the big clubs at some point this season so why change the precedent now?

I reckon liverpool will win 1-0 with a last minute counter attacking goal after soaking up 89 minutes of pressure.

Scorer: Titi Camara.

Archived